I threw away the scale

Options
Okay, maybe not threw away, but I did have my husband hide it from me. I have been doing good on losing weight but the scale would make me fill like crap on days when I shouldn't. I figured, I will weigh myself monthly as long as I am still seeing a difference in my clothing. I have gone from a 18/20 to a 16/18 - where my 18 that fit me when I was 18/20 are very loose. So I will keep tracking my food and working out everyday. I am hoping this will help in a good loss in weight and inches this month.

Replies

• jessepants
    jessepants Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the number on the scale distracts me too. After some noticeable progress in overall fitness it is nice to get the extra boost of confidence by seeing the number drop.

I wonder if I can fight the urge to weigh in until Thanksgiving? I have a goal to reach by then
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Meanwhile, my scale needs new batteries and I've been thrown for a loop the last few days. Perhaps I am too dependent on it!

http://collegecookingandironchefamerica.blogspot.com
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm a slave to the scale...I weigh in every single day!!! Ugh, I feel I have to and yet if I don't see the number budge it affects my mood for the day!! Crazy, I know! Oh well...I hope one day I can stop lol
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I hid mine for the month of October to just focus on working out and becoming healthier. It was a struggle for me this morning not to get it out and see how I'm doing.... I'm used to weighing in on mondays, it felt weird not to do it....

Hopefully, come November I will be happy with the number, instead of being dissapointed every Monday until then
  • cdpark617
    cdpark617 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    For me the scale is nothing but a boost. If I worked hard the day before I am happy with myself, if the scale drops I am even more happy. When the scale stays the same or goes up, I know that today is just another day and another chance to make it drop.

I love how all of us have our own way to motivate. Good luck to you and I hope you reach your goals!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    My scales are brilliant (cheap rubbish lol) ! they tell me im a stone lighter than i am so even if ive not lost anything its no too bad
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Okay, maybe not threw away, but I did have my husband hide it from me. I have been doing good on losing weight but the scale would make me fill like crap on days when I shouldn't. I figured, I will weigh myself monthly as long as I am still seeing a difference in my clothing. I have gone from a 18/20 to a 16/18 - where my 18 that fit me when I was 18/20 are very loose. So I will keep tracking my food and working out everyday. I am hoping this will help in a good loss in weight and inches this month.

It's probably a good idea to throw away the scale. I don't have a "scale" really... I have a Wii Fit... which I use. And, unfortunately, I use it too much. I probably should do the same thing you did. I need to remember that slow is better... but, I get frustrated when the weight stays the same.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I just like to weigh myself, i don't really care what the number is.

I just like to weigh THINGS even lol. What can I weigh today?

So I bought a food scale for the kitchen, and I weigh myself less, because now I get to weigh all my food.

Weigh all the things!

Yes, I'm weird.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    To me, the scale is just an instrument from which I obtain data. Based on the numbers I can tell if I am getting enough water, or indulging my sweet tooth too often, or right on track. Getting mad at the numbers on the scale would be akin to being mad at my thermometer for telling me I have a fever, or being upset that the blood pressure cuff indicated that my blood pressure was high.

I do tell people that if they can not view weight as just data, they should not even own a scale. Stick with measuring tape.