Curse You Taco Bell!!!

Options
I am soooooo weak when it comes to Taco Bell. I bypassed McDonalds on my lunch break and was so proud of myself and instead pulled right into Taco Bell. Taco Bell, why do you have to be so good? Or should I simply ask myself "Why do you have to be so weak?" GRRRRRR!!!!! How do I pass up the pure yumminess and convenience of my favorite drive throughs?

Replies

• vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    you could always try the Fresco menu at Taco Bell...its not as yummy, but its still pretty good and they put all the nutrition content for it on the menu. I find that if I do a little research on the restaurant first and look at cal content of their food, it doesnt seem as appealing anymore...its not worth it! hope this helps!
  • katareena11
    Options
    Well its not so bad if you only do it once in a while- make up for it by working out for like 45 minutes, you'll burn some of it off and will definitely feel better about yourself (less guilty) lol ! Oh and p.s. Taco Bell has a diet menu too now...weird but true! Good luck!
  • TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    you just have to learn to ignore it. It's hard to do though. I usually think of it this way. If i pass on something i really want or like i know i'm gonna be proud of myself and that moment. On the flip side if i give in i know 20 mins later when i'm done eating i'm going to feel 100 times more disappointed in myself. you gotta focus on how am i going to feel afterwards if i do this? that's usually good enough for me, but to each their own.
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191
    Options
    Try their fresco menu. The only drawback is the sodium. I had three of their fresco tacos yesterday for 450 calories and they were delicious. If you are able to be satisfied with two, that's only 300 calories.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the commercial for Taco Bell's new drive thru diet? I think they have a whole selection of low cal choices available now. I wouldn't do it every day, but if you order one of their lighter items, you shouldn't have a problem.
  • TGIBriday83
    Options
    no amount of commercials or advertising will ever make me believe that anything taco bell offers can be good for you. i just can't do it. don't get me wrong, i loves me some chalupas... but there is no way someone got skinny from eating off of taco bell's "diet menu" i don't believe it for a second.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I can't stand taco bell....ugh
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    you could always try the Fresco menu at Taco Bell...its not as yummy, but its still pretty good and they put all the nutrition content for it on the menu. I find that if I do a little research on the restaurant first and look at cal content of their food, it doesnt seem as appealing anymore...its not worth it! hope this helps!

This is true!!! After a trial and error approach for me.... I found out how many calories are in most fast food yumminess... And it totally lost it's appeal to me....
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I put a before picture of myself in my car on the sun visor. Every time that I am tempted to drive through anywhere, I am reminded what the end result is. I also pack food with me so I am not hungry when I am out driving. Being prepared can save you a lot of money and regret. Good luck!
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    I also heard of there FRESCO MENU, my friend is on weight watchers and says 3 are 12 points and she is a big taco bell junkie:devil: Says they are really good.:wink: The member from above says 2 are 300 hundred calories and 3 are 450 calories. Not a bad meal choice. Thank u
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191
    Options
    Hombre316, you misunderstand. The idea is moderation. Furthermore, eating stuff you enjoy and which is easy every now and then is a huge help for staying on track. Is that all you should eat? Certainly not. Can it be healthy in moderation? Yes, it absolutely can.
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options

DITTO!!! lol sorry Charrison
  • ericaquin
    ericaquin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to cook it yourself? I know its not the same but it should satisfy that need for it. Do a internet search for the recipe (or try to make one yourself if you eat it alot you may know what is in it). Once you have that info look at it and see how you can tweek it to make it healthier. I have a weakness for Chipotle. I joke around and tell people that is how I gained my weight, "Body by Chipotle". These burritos are min. 900 cals. each before you add cheese and such. I crave the rice they put in them so I did a search and found the recipe. I know make my own much smaller version of this fast food fav. but I only use veggies to stuff it after the rice, salsa, and light sour cream not to mention a low carb or low cal/high fiber tortilla. No its not the same but it takes that craving completely away.
  • disseka
    Options
    If u eat the fresco things from taco bell and of work off the calories after then eat it just watch the calories. We reward ourselves from there on acation i just make sure i work those cals off. If u go to taco bells website u can print out or see how many calories each item has then just order accordingly. when u see how much cals are in some of those things believe me u will only go once a week or u will drive right by just like u did mcdonalds. Good luck and keep at it.
  • TGIBriday83
    Options
    Hombre316, you misunderstand. The idea is moderation. Furthermore, eating stuff you enjoy and which is easy every now and then is a huge help for staying on track. Is that all you should eat? Certainly not. Can it be healthy in moderation? Yes, it absolutely can.

Ya i know everything in moderation. That's not the point i was trying to make. Rather than portraying it as a healthier option it seems like its being glorified as a 100% guarenteed diet plan. Because of that you know there are people who aren't going to take the time to get the facts and will say "wow i can eat taco bell for every meal now and lose weight!?!?!" To me personally i'm glad they're making an effort to develop healthier options for people but at the same time it's a cheap way to make a buck. it just rubs me the wrong way.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I put a before picture of myself in my car on the sun visor. Every time that I am tempted to drive through anywhere, I am reminded what the end result is. I also pack food with me so I am not hungry when I am out driving. Being prepared can save you a lot of money and regret. Good luck!

oooh...thats a good idea...I'm gonna do that!

(ps...havent had one in well over a year but those cheesy crunchy gordita things...used to be pure bliss for me...now the thought of putting that in my body makes me want to throw up!)
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Taco bell is the worst. look up their calories. It may not be that high for like one taco but hte quality of food you're putting in your mouth is WAY worse than something thats actualy good for you.

The infamous Fresco menu is a scam. You're only saving 30-70 calories per item if its fresco. Hardly any difference, certainly not good enough for me to continue eating there.

I dont know if anyone here watches Biggest Loser, but last time one of the things the medical guy was doing with one of the teams was laying out what they ate in one day and then forcing Jilian to eat it (it was kind of funny haha)
    Most of the stuff was taco bell food. She was picking it appart and trying her best to eat it and talking about how disgusting and bad quality it was. "This isn't food." she even spit it out near hte end and almost threw up. Whenever I have a fast food craving I think of Jilian getting grossed out at the food and then I realize the initial pleasure of eating it is NOT worth the sick/heavy feeling I get after I eat it.

I also had a friend that worked at one for a while and it helps me to remember a story he told me about one of his coworkers that would pee in the jalapenos when he was on duty. That keeps me away from Taco Bell efficiently enough on its own.

TACO BELL IS NOT FOOD.
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    I've never had taco bell in my life.

We have it in Canada, I just never bothered going in.

and I'm not going to start now !
  • splittingatom
    Options

well that brought nothing to the conversation... please refrain next time.

On the topic of the new Taco Bell "healthy" menu, I don't think it's intended to be 'good' for you, but just to be better than your traditional tacos and burritos you'd normally find there. Try stuff with chicken instead of ground beef and steak.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options

well that brought nothing to the conversation... please refrain next time.

On the topic of the new Taco Bell "healthy" menu, I don't think it's intended to be 'good' for you, but just to be better than your traditional tacos and burritos you'd normally find there. Try stuff with chicken instead of ground beef and steak.

It wasn't meant to bring anything to the conversation. I'm entitled to post my opinions or statements on any subject in these boards just as you are suggesting what someone should order at "taco bell". If I wanted to come in here and post a smiley face...that's what I can do. Her question was "how do I pass up the convenience and yumminess of my favorite fast food places" and you answer by telling her what to order at her fav fast food place....what did you bring to the conversation?