Rerack your weights, please!

Options
I was at the gym this morning (7am), and I was shocked by the state of the dumbbells. At the gym I go to, there are clearly marked spaces for all of the weights. However, it seems that people just decided to either leave their weights wherever around the gym (like in the stretching area where there are also dumbbells), by machines, or put them back in completely the wrong space! It took all of my personal willpower not to fix the weights that were in the wrong space - serious effort to restrain myself from trying to pick up weights that were too heavy for me that were in the completely wrong place! SO FRUSTRATING!

It makes absolutely no sense to me why someone can't walk the 5 feet to the area for the 60 pound dumbbells instead of putting them in the space for the 5 pound ones! At least those people tried - most of the dumbbells weren't even put away! I had to substitute higher or lower weights a couple of times this morning because I couldn't find the weight I wanted - not because someone else was using it, but because someone else was too lazy to walk the weight back where it belonged!

It just frustrates me so much when people can't take care of things they use - especially when others want to use them too!

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I've worked out in gyms in 4 different states and 5 different countries, and this problem is a consistent one. People are savages...
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My gym never has this problem. It's a small, family-owned operation and we all respect one another. I think your gym needs to do something about it if it's that bad.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    got to remember, guys have to actually use their legs and back to pick up some of those, and that is strickly prohibited by the bro-code.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    No home training. They weren't taught as toddlers to put things back where they belong. That sticks with you. I was taught that as a child and I still (at age 47) put things back where I found them...
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    got to remember, guys have to actually use their legs and back to pick up some of those, and that is strickly prohibited by the bro-code.
    LOL!!!
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    When I got to the gym yesterday I noticed the squat rack looked like it was in use because there was 100+ pounds on the bar so I warmed up and waited to see if anyone would return to it but no one ever did. So I had to re rack the weights for them before I could use it, which was a pain cause though I'm somewhat strong, I'm little dammit. Jerks.