Guilty after breakfast!

Options
Hi, this is the breakfast I just had, I thought it would be "healthy" but apparently not, I ate this out today!
egg white vegetable omelet, w/ cheese 2 turkey sausage patties, home fries, orange juice, two pancakes with syrup, it all came to 1,000 calories and 36 grams of fat, I am appalled!

I am about to go to the gym of course but even if I burn 300-400 calories, I will still only have 800 calories for the day but I must make it work, any suggestions?

Replies

• tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You're welcomed to look at my food diary here. I have really low-calorie breakfasts and lunches that can be substituted for dinner.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/tntrav44

I stick to low calorie bread (Schwebel's has a lite wheat bread that's 35 calories a slice) and Hillshire Farm Deli Select ham or turkey.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Try again tomorrow with your new found knowledge! You can do it, you know you can!
    BTW, that breaky sounded YUMMY!
  • littlemissyme
    Options
    I find that having a grilled chicken breast for dinner has very few calories and its very filling. I call it my no-fail dinner.

1- 8oz grilled chicken breast
    1 serving- frozen whole cernal corn
    1.5 serving- Ore ida potatoes o'brien

calories 350
    fat 4
    carbs 40

its alot of food. I often can't finish it all.
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    That's why it's good to use the food diary here...now that you've recorded it, you know! Otherwise, you could have gone on thinking it was healthy and continue to eat that way. Learn a lesson from it and move forward.

(I think my mouth actually watered when I read "pancakes with syrup". SIgh.)
  • danielleleee
    Options
    nothing about your breakfast was healthy... syrup is full of sugar, hashbrowns are fried and full of fat and oil, sausage is full of fat...

for breakfast i usually have granola bars... or a breakfast sandwich on wheat bread with egg whites, ham, lettuce and tomato.

eggs aren't really good for you unless you just eat egg whites. the yolks are full of cholsterol. traditional breakfast foods aren't going to be healthy for you. try cereal or yogurt with granola.. or a breakfast sandwich like i just explained.

1000 calories a day is my limit!
  • danielleleee
    Options
    instead of orida potatoes.. try brown rice. it's super low in calories/fat it's really healthy and SUPER filling.........
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend - I think the home fries and the two pancakes WITH syrup did you in. It's okay...we all make mistakes and learn or just work it off.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    That's why it's good to use the food diary here...now that you've recorded it, you know! Otherwise, you could have gone on thinking it was healthy and continue to eat that way. Learn a lesson from it and move forward.

(I think my mouth actually watered when I read "pancakes with syrup". SIgh.)

Good point. I usually log what I am going to eat or plan on eating before I eat it so I can make revisions, changes and better choices to not go over for the day.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    nothing about your breakfast was healthy... syrup is full of sugar, hashbrowns are fried and full of fat and oil, sausage is full of fat...

for breakfast i usually have granola bars... or a breakfast sandwich on wheat bread with egg whites, ham, lettuce and tomato.

eggs aren't really good for you unless you just eat egg whites. the yolks are full of cholsterol. traditional breakfast foods aren't going to be healthy for you. try cereal or yogurt with granola.. or a breakfast sandwich like i just explained.

1000 calories a day is my limit!

Eggs are just fine for you if you don't eat 10 of them at once. A couple of eggs hardboiled or cooked with some no calorie PAM spray is not too bad.

Also, 1000 calories a day is really low for most if not all people.
  • rfsahae
    rfsahae Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have to eat out three meals per week due to meetings, and it's a challenge. It's about the choices you make.

I had breakfast at Denny's on Wednesday and had a veggie omelet with cheese, one piece of dry toast, skip the hash browns. It felt totally decadent and yet was about 600 calories.

This weekend I'm away with a bunch of girlfriends for three days, THAT's going to be a real challenge!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is a new day and all you can do is move forward. sometimes having a day like that can really help you to regain focus and motivate you even more. don't quit eating just to make up for it. you can get right back on track tomorrow. You can do it!!
  • miaangel345
    Options
    Thank you for all the help!

I tried to be healthy by substituting egg whites and turkey sausage but the pancakes with SYRUP was overkill, luckily it made me full all day so I skipped lunch!
  • miaangel345
    Options
    Good point. I usually log what I am going to eat or plan on eating before I eat it so I can make revisions, changes and better choices to not go over for the day.

That is such a great idea! I had went out to a restaurant so I wasn't sure what they had.
  • miaangel345
    Options
    thank you! :D

Btw I am a big Miley Cyrus fan so I love your icon!