Rest Week - yes or no to Cardio?

Options
When taking a rest week or few days off from weight lifting/strenous workouts do you still do any Cardio? or do you completely take off?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Depends on what state of overtrained I feel that I'm in. Sometimes I absolutely have to be in "do nothing" mode, other times I go for walks, and sometimes I'll still jump rope or even do metabolic workouts. Most light cardio activities will still let your body get the benefits of a rest week. Don't start any sprinting programs tho
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I take it off. I completely chill. ;)

Maybe it's lazy, maybe its the fear of completely over-training, maybe its both. :)
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    depends on how I feel. If I feel tired and worn out then I'll just completely chill, if I just don't feel like doing my normal routine I'll switchi it up with some cardio.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I took last week off from everything, strength, cardio, and even logging. I needed a break after training 5-7 days a week for six months. Feel great starting running again this week and am going back to my weight routine tomorrow.
  • Pace29
    Pace29 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yea that's what i've decided to do. well except for one yoga class tomm that my friend asked me to go to with her. but im hoping that is more calm/destressing than a workout