New with thyroid....

Options
Hi, I'm new to this site and I have such a hard time lossing weight! Mainly because I had thyroid cancer 9 years ago and I know I have to work twice as hard to lose weight!

I hope this site can help me to a better me.

Anyone else have thyroid and weight loss issues?

Thanks!
Judy

Replies

• ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    I am, I am! :smile:
    First off congratulations for finding it, recognizing it for what it is and beating it.
    I find that with the thyroid "all messed up" as my daughter describes it - my weight loss is not impossible but instead it is just slower then 1. it used to be or 2. others my age....BUT - it still comes down to what goes in and what goes out...so stick with it dont get discouraged and remember that some weeks even a 1/2 pound is a weight loss!
  • francis1425
    francis1425 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    congratulations and welcome.....I have been dealing with hypothyrodism for the past 6 years...I found out I had it after I had my first daughter. It was so bad when they caught it that they said my thyroid shut down and I have been on the highest dose of medication since then....
    After I had my second daughter, the weight came off rather well and then about 2 months ago, they decided to try me one step down from the higher level and ever since then, the rest of the weight is just stuck. It could be all in my head, but these last 10 pounds are just not budging. I absolutely think it is alot harder with the thyroid problem, but that just makes us that much stronger in being able to get where we want to be.
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I also am on thyroid medication...and have been since they think that is what caused my miscarriage 10 years ago. Amazing how one little hormone can cause so much havek on a body! I do find losing harder than when I was younger...I am sure it is a combination of factors but the thyroid is not helping anything!
  • harrismm
    Options
    I am also new and a thyroid cancer survivor. I was diagnosed at the end of 2008 and cleared in July 2009. I too have trouble losing weight. I gained several pounds during the whole process and now I am working to get it off. I just found this sight and hope that it will help me be more accountable for my eating and exercising actions.

Welcome and good luck!

~Michelle~
  • USLJH10
    USLJH10 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me too! 2008 surviror of thyroid cancer. I'm determined to loose this weight. Hang in there everybody. We can do it!!!:smile::love:
  • jgmoore
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies! Its good to know that there are others who struggle with thyroid and weight! UGH! I hate it!

While I was going through my thyroid issues.... I was a size 2! Once we got it fixed... a size 6! Which was totally fine with me!

BUT now....after having 2 more children..... a size 12 and pushing a 14! I cannot do this to myself, my health or my poor husband!

Now - to find a workout buddy close to me would be GREAT! (we're new to this area....)