They aren't reasons, they're excuses

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I unfriend anyone that doesn't fit into how I do things. I was friends with one girl who ate 400 calories a day and would lose 6-9lbs per week. It was gross. Gone! I've unfriended tons of people who rarely log, are constantly over, use cleaning as their only form of exercise, whine, etc. I don't feel bad about it. I'm sure people have unfriended me for different things too. Do what ya gotta do.

I do the same thing! :happy:

You are very pretty.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Ain't you all sunshine and roses this morning.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Needed to vent, sick of some of my MFP friends clogging up my timeline with nothing but excuses. Don't defend your fast food to me. Don't defend your crap food choices to me. Don't make a big "to do" about why you're sure to go into the red today. We're all human and we all make mistakes. I know for sure I've made unhealthy choices, and I do allow myself a treat now and then.The difference is that I won't be the one posting a long drawn out message in your news feed explaining why I had "no choice." We have a choice every single day; what to eat, whether or not to sit around or to get active. I am also sick to death of hearing why people can't workout!! Just do it or don't do it. Seriously. If you're injured or have a medical condition certainly you need to follow your Dr.'s orders to get well. I'm talking about the people that are always too busy. Oh my day is so full, my job is so stressful, my kids have all these needs/activities. Okay well do it or don't do it, but don't throw yourself a pity party. I work my butt off to schedule my workouts, I am very busy and so is everyone else who is finding/making the time to get their workouts in. Don't think you're busier than we are! If you had a tough day and need someone to listen, I'll do my best to be here for you, but if every single day it's another excuse as to why you aren't successful with this lifestyle change, I'm sorry but I'm too busy to listen.

If you're in this
    I read this rant, and got to the last line, and had this image in my head of the OP's face turning really red, then passing out mid-sentence. Is that what happened?
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I've never even had Facebook actually, it's interesting that you made that correlation though...
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    Funny on my screen it shows I deleted the "if you're in this" because I decided to leave it as is. I'm not angry or red in the face ????
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    I unfriend as well, just needed to put this out there.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    A true excuse, excuses the behavior. Anything else is just a reason.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    Thank you!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    Haha I have to agree with you. I once saw a MFP member post that their boss brought in breakfast sandwiches from a fast food restaurant for his employees. Aparently the boss asked why they didn't eat one, so the employee (MFP member) ate it anyway, then said they felt pressured into eating it. You're an adult. If you don't want it, then don't eat it. Simple as that. We all slip up, but the only person responsible for what you put it your body it you (unless your an infant). I slip up every now and then too, but I know it's of my own doing.

Love your addition ????
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    I unfriend anyone that doesn't fit into how I do things. I was friends with one girl who ate 400 calories a day and would lose 6-9lbs per week. It was gross. Gone! I've unfriended tons of people who rarely log, are constantly over, use cleaning as their only form of exercise, whine, etc. I don't feel bad about it. I'm sure people have unfriended me for different things too. Do what ya gotta do.

Agreed, I do unfriend, but I also support & encourage so I'm giving people an opportunity here, I thought...
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    Thank you!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    excuses are lies we tell that no one else believes.

Love this addition ????????????
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    Agree! I'm in my 40's and have two little ones (2 yr and 4 yr old) and work full-time. I make time for me, if that means getting up at 5:00 in the morning to get my exercise done....no matter how I feel. It's a commitment and discipline....it goes "how bad do you really want to achieve your goal" Just do it! Simple fact! Agree with @blushingmama "excuses are lies we tell that no one else believes"

100% yes, just do it!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    Recently the girls at work started bringing in fruit as well as biscuits and cakes to celebrate birthdays. This was great as I could join in without scoffing cake.

Awesome, love natural sugar ????
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should tell this to your friends?
    Yes!
  • Mollie007
    Options
    A-FREAKING-MEN!! I have someone who does this and it's soooo annoying. I can't handle it!
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I was feeling sick, burned a few thousand calories the day before (about a week ago, 1 hour of intense exercise followed by 15 mile hike), waited 'til the evening then busted out over an hour of intense workout. I didn't want to. I had excuses not to. But I choose not to listen to the sissy voice that tells me I can skip a day. I made a commitment. I wrote my commitment down. I'll be damned if I do not have the personal integrity to be true to me! I am gonna post this on my page ;-)
  • crossroad2012
    crossroad2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I read this rant, and got to the last line, and had this image in my head of the OP's face turning really red, then passing out mid-sentence. Is that what happened?

Funny!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    delete them instead of vaguebooking...

I mean, making obvious forum posts complaining about them.

You seem fun!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    Options
    I was feeling sick, burned a few thousand calories the day before (about a week ago, 1 hour of intense exercise followed by 15 mile hike), waited 'til the evening then busted out over an hour of intense workout. I didn't want to. I had excuses not to. But I choose not to listen to the sissy voice that tells me I can skip a day. I made a commitment. I wrote my commitment down. I'll be damned if I do not have the personal integrity to be true to me! I am gonna post this on my page ;-)

Love it!!! Thanks for sharing!!