Less then 12 weeks until New years ..

Options
Well, the end of the year is coming soon. Rather then wait for it to start a new promise to myself I'm making a promise now. I want to lose atleast 20 more lbs by New Years. And WHEN and not If I accomplish this goal I'm going to pamper myself with a new hair do and outfit for New Years.
What will you accomplish?

Replies

• prn63
    prn63 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I congratulate you on your ambitious goal, but be careful. There are 12 or so weeks left in the year. You are setting an expectation that you will lose more than one pound per week. I spoke with my doctor and was told that a 1 pound per week loss was a healthy goal and I have stuck to it since June. I really want you to succeed, but I hope that you aren't disappointed with yourself if you 'only' lose 10-13 pounds by New Year. Don't sell yourself short!! Best Wishes and Good Luck :)
  • clscheppler
    Options
    That is great goal and it is healthy to lose 2-3 lbs a week, so this is a reasonable goal! Good luck!
  • I congratulate you on your ambitious goal, but be careful. There are 12 or so weeks left in the year. You are setting an expectation that you will lose more than one pound per week. I spoke with my doctor and was told that a 1 pound per week loss was a healthy goal and I have stuck to it since June. I really want you to succeed, but I hope that you aren't disappointed with yourself if you 'only' lose 10-13 pounds by New Year. Don't sell yourself short!! Best Wishes and Good Luck :)
    Just because a person can go down more then 1 lbs per week does not make it unhealthy. With proper eating an exercising it is healthy. I will not starve myself and workout to where i'm going to hurt myself. If 1lb a week is working for you then great, but that is not my goal.
  • That is great goal and it is healthy to lose 2-3 lbs a week, so this is a reasonable goal! Good luck!
    Thank you. =))
  • annathomas88
    annathomas88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am so happy you posted this. I had someone ask me when i wanted to be at my goal weight and could not believe when i realized i did not know the answer to that question. So this challenge will really help me set a time. I would like like to be 120 lbs by 12/31/12 that is 1.5lbs a week. I REALLY hope i can achieve this!! I look forward to getting/giving support for all of us to reach our goals!! :)
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 11lbs by New Year. That is 1lb a week, and will put me at the next "stone" (I am in the UK) goal.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    the 2lb's a week goal is doable, depending on your body of course. If you are smaller and have less to lose overall(meaning you aren't in the obese category) it will be VERY challenging to lose 20lbs in 12 weeks, EVEN if you work hard and do the right thing(right thing being eat healthy and not starve yourself).
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I will run a 5K by New Year's! :)
  • jrmartinezb
    jrmartinezb Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think two pounds per week is doable, I started MFP this August at 205 and I have lost about 22. In fact I want to lose another 20 by new years (and reach the next decimal mark of 75 kilos)

I wish you the best of lucks in this challenge!