5:2 diet - feedback?

Options
Smuterella
Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
So - some months ago there was a lot of talk on here about the 5:2 diet, following a UK documentary on intermittent fasting. I know a few people tried it following that show and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on their progress?

Replies

• Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    bump for a pal...

anyone???
  • Smuterella
    Options
    Thanks fella.
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I only started doing this this week Lisa, so not much feedback to report! However, my first fast day wasnt too bad - actually felt full after my dinner of tuna steak and stir fry! My next fast day is tomorrow. There are a few facebook groups where you can get some really good info and feedback from people who have been doing it for longer!
  • newtonuk
    newtonuk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I'm doing the 5:2 and am very pleased with the results. I'm sticking to a calorie limit for the 5 days as well though.
  • papalazarou5157
    papalazarou5157 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did the 5:2 for nearly 4 weeks but stopped as i put weight on!! I wasn't strict with my diet on the non-fasting days but i didnt binge either. i was surprised at how easy it was to eat so few calories. Maybe if i did alternate days it would work better but i dont have the will power for that. Everyone is different though, the 5:2 could work for some people, just not me :(
  • Smuterella
    Options
    Thanks all. I'm seeing different options

My TDEE is around 1900

1) Trad ADF: one day 500, one day 1900 alternaiting for two weeks then one day 1900, one day 600/700 until I'm at maintenance. Prob not ideal for me as I don't live such a regimanted life and would like to be able to move my fast days around.

2) 2 days a week fasting: I think this would be 2 days a week at 500 and the rest at around 1700 (?) - i think this seems more achievable. would this just be for the first two weeks too?
  • Smuterella
    Options
    I only started doing this this week Lisa, so not much feedback to report! However, my first fast day wasnt too bad - actually felt full after my dinner of tuna steak and stir fry! My next fast day is tomorrow. There are a few facebook groups where you can get some really good info and feedback from people who have been doing it for longer!

thanks lovely. I'm one of those weird people who doesn't have facebook I'[m afraid. :-)
  • SEG22
    SEG22 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi,

I don't know if anyone is interested but I have started doing this diet (last week) and to try and commit properly I have started blogging. I'm hoping this will help me on the days I struggle!

Please check it out on www.eatfastblog.wordpress.com
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've done this for 2 weeks and lost 5lb but I've just had a really bad weekend and weighed this morning to find I'd put 4 back on :( I think it works great but you have to stool be careful on your non fast days. I'm sticking with it for a little longer to see if the 5lb loss was a fluke or if I continue to lose weight.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I like it... I'm currently doing it the 2 days a week I don't lift weights.
    Eating shrimp and basically pigging on vegetables keeps the calories in check.