Crap in Food

Options
124»

Replies

• jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I prepare almost all my food from scratch these days. I also do the bulk of my shopping from Trader Joe's, which doesn't use GMO, preservatives, or artificial flavors in their products either. If I do decide to drink a soda, I go for regular to avoid artificial sweeteners, one sweetened with cane sugar if possible. I try to snack on fruits and veggies over chips and candy. If I go eat something prepackage, I check the ingredients and try to opt for something as natural as possible. Granola bars are the one thing I keep in my diet that I would like to ditch (but they're so damn convenient!) but I try to stick with bars that are natural and free of things like HFCS. Clif Bar, Nature's Valley, Luna Bar, and Larabars are all excellent if I need an on the go snack.

Even organic food runs a risk. Have you not heard about the recall on Trader Joe's peanut butter from the recent salmonella outbreak?

Yes. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to do the best I can for myself, but not stress over too much. If I didn't eat foods because of antibiotics/hormone injections, salmonella, lyesteria (is that what I'm thinking of in the produce), ecoli, chemicals, cancer inducing foods, etc...I wouldn't be able to eat hardly anything, if anything.
  • megangrohl
    Options
    xgJZC.jpg

hahahahahaha LMFAO
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegan and don't considere myself to be 100 clean eating but one rule that I do apply is don't buy anything that comes in a box, pre packaged (except for pasta which I try to buy organic or whole wheat) and specially nothing canned . I buy my own kernels and pop the popcorn in a pot as well. My grocery list consist of meats, eggs, fresh fruits and vegetables and grains like beans, lentils, oatmeal and wild or brown rice. Nothing instant (rice,oatmeal, etc.) and almond milk. I don't buy any so called juices for the family either. We either have water, fresh homemade juice, brewed tea,beer or wine (for the adults, healthier than soda, I think).
    Reason I started doing this is because my son's homeopathic doctor put him on a very strict diet when he started seeing him. First 2 weeks was strictly vegan and nothing processed. After that he allowed lean meats but still nothing processed. Let me tell you those were the hardest first two weeks since I had to actually think about everything that I put in his plate but the difference in his health was night and day. And this is after months of treatments with conventional Dr's and medicines that did nothing for him. After this treatment it just kind of became a way of life for us and we are all much healthier. I do allow the occasional junk food pizza, cheseburgers and stuff like that but not often.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    According to UPI.com, diacetyl is used in other products such as ... and in some beers and chardonnay wine.

Nooo! What am I going to drink during the football game now??
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    wow. people never quit. seriously, if my artificial sweeteners are the worst thing i ingest then I'm doing damn good. just sayin. Food is to be enjoyed and I enjoy ARTIFICIAL FOODS ((gasp))
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I prefer to crap out my food rather than crap in my food.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Better ditch the coffee, you're drinking cals. Agree on the box thing though, i drank wine in a box once and felt like death afterwards

pssst. you're supposed to take it out of the box.