Workout and Feeling Sick

Options
So yesterday was the first time I worked out in a week and a half. I did my regular routine which was 45 minutes on the elliptical and then machine weights. I was weaker and couldn't lift as much or as many reps as I did before I was sick.

When I got home, I felt nausea and eventually vomited. All that came up was the apple I ate earlier. I did eat dinner a little later and I was just fine, no more nausea.

Has anyone felt this way after working out after a long time? Do you think I over done it? Should I even count the calories from the apple?

This is the first time this had happened and though I am not concerned, I don't want it to happen again.

Any words of advise would help, thanks!

Replies

• rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was the first time I worked out in a week and a half. I did my regular routine which was 45 minutes on the elliptical and then machine weights. I was weaker and couldn't lift as much or as many reps as I did before I was sick.

When I got home, I felt nausea and eventually vomited. All that came up was the apple I ate earlier. I did eat dinner a little later and I was just fine, no more nausea.

Has anyone felt this way after working out after a long time? Do you think I over done it? Should I even count the calories from the apple?

This is the first time this had happened and though I am not concerned, I don't want it to happen again.

Any words of advise would help, thanks!
  • puravidame
    puravidame Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was running this morning and I thought I was going to vomit also. I feel fine now. I think you just have to listen to your body. I wouldn't worry about the apple. Maybe your body isn't back to 100% after being sick.

Maybe try some Yoga and ease into working out again.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    excercise makes you sick? me too:laugh:
    Work really makes me sick!!

Seriously, though, maybe your body is kind of in 'shock' after being sick and not excercising and then to excercising? no idea- hope its all better though. :flowerforyou: