Any other former / current ballerinas ?

Options
I did ballet & tap from ages 3-9
cheer 9-11
colorguard for 1 season in High School.

I may have been chubby but I'm a great dancer.

Replies

• MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Ballet dancer from age 3 to age 14. I was on the step/dance team my sophomore year in HS.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I do some Barre exercises now and again - no homo, I just like to not be bored sometimes.
  • Bella_Bea
    Bella_Bea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yess! Im a ballet dancer, stopped about 3 years ago though :)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Me! Ballet ages 3-17, pointe from 12-17. I wish I hadn't stopped!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    ex-dancer.

I did ballet, modern (Graham), jazz, etc.
    I minored in dance with my undergrad degree, was with a company briefly when I was 18.

I miss ballet but I'm so frikkin busy with work...
  • jewelmarie793
    jewelmarie793 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ive been in ballet for 15 yearS
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    From age 2 to age 18. I still have out turned hips so my feet are turned out.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Me, from ages 5-18. Did ballet, jazz, modern, was on my high school's dance team for 4 years. Missed it for years, but discovered Zumba last year. Not the same, per se, but it got me moving and having fun, which is what I was looking for. :)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    That would be me.

Started at age 2 in a toddler class, competitive contemporary dance at age 8, first paid gig at age 12, and worked as a dancer and dance teacher through my early twenties.

Paid for college mostly by winning competitions, and teaching private lessons.

There was some cheer leading in high school too.

Now I'm working to be that strong again!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I danced ballet for a couple of years back around age 12-13. I always loved it.
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    I was a figure skater for years, but no dance. My sister's "thing" was dance and my parents thought it wouldn't be fair to her if I was also in dance. :huh:
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I danced religiously, every week, 'til the age of 16. I was a ballerina 'til about age 11, when I actually told my teacher I was quitting because I felt stupid being the only fat one up there and felt like I looked like the hippo from Fantasia... she cried because I was so good ;)

I carried on with tap until a couple years later, when my dance school did it's first big show and my teacher refused to give me the same routine to do as the rest of the girls in my advanced class, because 'I didn't fit in with the aesthetics' and was placed right at the back, with the intermediate group.

I then carried on with street, jazz and musical theatre until I was 16 and graduated from a different weekend dance/performing arts school.

I really miss it!
  • ashowers36
    ashowers36 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Danced from age 7 to 21. I even taught for two years. I did tap, ballet, pointe, jazz, lyrical, hip hop, and was on the competition team. I miss it so much. No place around here to take adult classes though. Along with the weight gain from not being as active anymore I also lost 75% of my flexibility. I miss that greatly too.
  • moondancer2010
    moondancer2010 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I took ballet from 3-13. The only reason I quit was because my teachers were really getting hard on me. I didn't find out until years later that they thought I was good enough to audition for ballet company. :( Wish I had kept up with it. I loved it. I've also been a bellydancer for 10 years and have been hoopdancing for the last 5 years or so. I love to dance. It's in my blood. :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    My dad calls me a ballerina when I trip over nothing and fall on my face for no reason. Regularly.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I did ballet, tap and jazz ages 3-7. I was so good they put me in the class with the 10-11 yr olds and all those girls were mean to me so I quit. Biggest mistake of my life. I woulda never gotten heavy as a kid if I had stuck with the dancing!

And when you see me to dancer's pose in P90X Yoga X, you would never ever know I was once a star ballerina lol
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My dad calls me a ballerina when I trip over nothing and fall on my face for no reason. Regularly.

LMAO

This is about as close as I get myself
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I took ballet lessons as an adult as I could afford it--I always wanted to be a dancer, but my parents made me take violin lessons instead! LOL! however, with my love of music, I ended up loving my violin and viola (gave up in my 20s) and never have stopped my love of dance! one is never too old to dance! even in your living room!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options

ha.

My husband does the same. Despite the years of dancing and formal dance training, and doing yoga 1-2 times a week now, I still fall down and trip over nothing all the time.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    When I was young, only... you might find a local adult class you'd enjoy, if you'd like to start again. :)