water in soup

brianparow
brianparow Posts: 17
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
If I make chicken soup and mix water with chicken broth, do I count those as part of my daily water intake?

Replies

• doshie1
    doshie1 Posts: 19
    if you drink it all then i would say yes....
  • 8 ounces water in soup is still 8 ounces of water.
  • bigbum
    bigbum Posts: 3
    Yes. I used to work in a hospital and food and liquid documentation is serious business there!
    We note some foods, soup and jelly/jello being two of them. Anything you make up with water really, custard, hot drinks etc.
  • Just to clarify,
    Anything includes coffee or tea? When you drink a cup of caffinated tea, coffee or diet soda, I was under the impression that you had to subtract 1 cup of water? I don't drink Coffee or soda but I work in an Air Conditioned computer room and it gets cold so I do drink a couple cups or hot tea and usually subtract them from my water intake so I'd like to make sure.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Just to clarify,
    Anything includes coffee or tea? When you drink a cup of caffinated tea, coffee or diet soda, I was under the impression that you had to subtract 1 cup of water? I don't drink Coffee or soda but I work in an Air Conditioned computer room and it gets cold so I do drink a couple cups or hot tea and usually subtract them from my water intake so I'd like to make sure.

I believe that for every caffinated beverage you consume, you deduct half of it. So if you drink two cups of caffinated tea, you log it as one cup.
  • bigbum
    bigbum Posts: 3
    Don't forget the water content of normal food too.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    If I make chicken soup and mix water with chicken broth, do I count those as part of my daily water intake?

I'd say no.
    If you are eating chicken soup, check the sodium.
    You might actually want to double your water intake today to try to combat the salt intake.
This discussion has been closed.