Guacamole Recipes Please

Options
ren25
ren25 Posts: 58
Hey,

I am looking for a good Guacamole recipe. I was just wondering if any one had a good one.

Replies

• KLSimpson
    Options
    Oh man, I could live on guacamole! We just kinda throw in whatever we have on hand, so I can't give exact amounts, but here is the general idea...

couple avacados
    small onion
    couple small tomatoes
    lemon juice (1/2 a lemon maybe?)
    cilantro
    pinch of salt
    pepper
    maybe a splash of hot sauce if we want it spicy

Blend it all together and enjoy!
  • Claudina
    Claudina Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you ren25 for asking, and Thanks KL Simpson for the recipe. My boyfriend likes it with salt and lemon, so I am going to try your recipe since I've never made guacamole before. :)
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've been making this EVERY week-end.

2 roma tomatoes - chopped
    1 large avacado - chopped
    1/2 c. sweet onion - chopped
    1/4 c. cilantro - chopped
    lime juice to taste
    sea salt to taste

I also, cut up some whole wheat tortillas and bake them at 350 for about 15 minutes for dipping. Even my husband loves this and he doesn't care too much about healthy eating.
  • marvelousmarie
    Options
    I use an avacado, garlic powder, salsa, and a little lemon juice. All is added to taste.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I looooooooove guacamole...I eat avocadoes every day and should try to make my own guacamole.
  • mexpurs21
    Options
    Guacamole is very well known in my hometown: NL, Mexico.

Some users have already put some accurate recipes, however I'll give you an original and delicious one, you may use it as a dip with nachos or inside quesadillas, or maybe for any kind of Mexican food.

You need 150 grams of avocado, that's about 1 average size avocado (sorry, Im not familiar with pounds and ounces), 150 grams of Philadelphia cream cheese, some drops of lime, pepper and salt. If you weant to spice it up a bit, put 1 serrano chile in the recipe.

You should use a blender, and obviously peel the avocado,
    Hope you like this recipe
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE guacomole.... BUT I just say no because I thought it was too fatening..... comments?
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Guacamole is a family favorite and I am always getting asked for the recipe when I bring it to gatherings. Here is my recipe

2 Avocadoes
    ½ cup Fat Free Sour Cream
    ¼ cup diced onion
    ¼ cup diced green pepper
    1/8 cup diced cilantro
    ¼ lime or lime juice
    Salt to taste, I prefer sea salt
    ½ pkg extra spicy Guacamole seasoning mix, found in produce section.

Mash the avocadoes, stir in sour cream and diced ingredients.I never follow a recipe but toss in as much or as little of whatever I feel like such as diced tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos or salsa.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Guacamole is a family favorite and I am always getting asked for the recipe when I bring it to gatherings. Here is my recipe

2 Avocadoes
    ¼ cup diced onion
    ¼ cup diced green pepper
    1/8 cup diced cilantro
    ¼ lime or lime juice

Mash the avocadoes, stir in sour cream and diced ingredients.I never follow a recipe but toss in as much or as little of whatever I feel like such as diced tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos or salsa.

OH, MY GOODNESS!!!!! YUMMY!!!
    Do you have any nutritional info on this recipe?
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options

2 Avocadoes
    ¼ cup diced onion
    ¼ cup diced green pepper
    1/8 cup diced cilantro
    ¼ lime or lime juice

OH, MY GOODNESS!!!!! YUMMY!!!
    Do you have any nutritional info on this recipe?
    I have not worked up the nutritional info on this, since I am just getting started on mfp in the last two weeks and have not made it yet. It should not be hard to work up the figures. I am planning on making it this weekend, so will enter data when I get it done ( I don't have the info for the seasoning packet at work or could do it here.)
  • shay3311
    Options
    Here's a good one; Asparagus Guacamole

1 Bundle of Asparagus, boil until tender and then dry
    1 tabelspoon of guacamole seasoning
    onions and tomatoe to taste.

Put asparagus in food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Then add remaining ingredients!

I have made this before and taste just like the real thing! Make sure your asparagus is very dry otherwise the dip looks runny. I will also add in red pepper flakes, cilantro, minced garlic and anything else that sounds good!