Gaining weight on vacation

Options
I have been a faithful member of MFP and in spite of the fact that I follow my diet and exercise program, I have only lost 11 pounds in two months time. I wouldn't complain about that except for the fact that I just got back from vacation (one week) and gained 4 pounds! How is it that it takes two months to lose 11 pounds, and only one week to gain 4 pounds? I didn't check in while on vacation, but now that I am back to reality, I am more determined than ever to lose this weight. I am just a little frustrated by this huge weight gain! Just needed to get that off my chest! Anyone else with a similar experience?

Replies

• whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh in the day after vacation? That's always rough. While I'm sure you ate somewhat more than normal, I'm guessing the culprit is reduced water intake and increased alcohol/sodium intake. At least, that is what my vacations are like. Weigh again after being back on your normal routine for three or four days. You'll likely find that you gained only a legit pound or two.

Eleven pounds in two months is impressive - even seven in two months is healthy and sustainable.

Good luck.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I am going to Cuba in 7 wks and I am pretty sure I can control my eating, it's the drinking that will do me in. I barely drink at home. I may have a low calorie beer or a glass of wine on wknds. But all those wonderful sugary drinks and the foreign beers....I will be in heaven. My plan is to walk the beach for at least half an hour each day. What is nice, is that another couple is coming, and she is also on a fitness and diet plan. So, having someone to come with me will not be an issue. I hope I can stick to my guns!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Was Canadian Thanksgiving yesterday - today I weighed 3 lbs heavier...
    I ate more than usual, but not 10 500 calories more...
    It's water weight - go back to your normal routine and it will be gone in a week....!
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I weighed myself today, and there was only a one pound gain. WHEW!!! I feel MUCH better now!