Options
sizzle92
sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
Just curious. :smile:

Replies

• sizzle92
    Options
    OR....how much do you pay? And how many kids?
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I'm still married, so he and she get all of it...
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Just curious. :smile:
    1 kid, $0. But his biological father is not obligated to pay child support because he is not legally his father anymore. He terminated his rights.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I get $50/mo for one child and $400/mo for the other.
  • Michelle81285
    Options
    1 kid $0
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    The state takes into account each parents income, number of children and whatever else they look at, then figure the appropriate amount.
  • crazylovergrl
    crazylovergrl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I pay 600 for two... 50 percent custody too... :(
  • Oaeneo
    Oaeneo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    $500/mo But I wish mine would terminate his rights.
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I wish it was phrased how much does the child need in support vs how much do you get/give. My step son's biological father payed 64 per month when he paid. the court decided this amount and it does come close to helping support the kid in fact we ended up just sticking it in a savings account and when he turned 16 there was 1/3rd of his first car( around 3k ) 200-300 should be a good estimate of half of what it costs to raise a kid per month..yes half I don't believe one parent should pay more than half. just my 2 cents
  • sizzle92
    Options
    I hate to say this but I wish he would terminate his rights too. But then I feel guilty that I would want that for my son.
  • sjl1981
    sjl1981 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids and get nothing from their dad. He's even now complaining he has to pay bus fare to see them
  • sizzle92
    Options
    I wish it was phrased how much does the child need in support vs how much do you get/give. My step son's biological father payed 64 per month when he paid. the court decided this amount and it does come close to helping support the kid in fact we ended up just sticking it in a savings account and when he turned 16 there was 1/3rd of his first car( around 3k ) 200-300 should be a good estimate of half of what it costs to raise a kid per month..yes half I don't believe one parent should pay more than half. just my 2 cents

Agreed! Would edit if I could.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I'm still married, so he and she get all of it...

Bwaa haa! Beat me too it. My wife and kids get all my money. :smile:
  • sizzle92
    Options
    I have 2 kids and get nothing from their dad. He's even now complaining he has to pay bus fare to see them

SMH. :(
  • sirthickness
    Options
    I was "awarded" $18.22/month...yep. Not complaining though, since I got the brand new house and 17 years worth of corporate retirement and get to keep all my LEO retirement. I was also named "custodial parent" and retained about 80% visitation with my 2 kids (who still live with me, 10 years later). Actually, I told her to keep her money and never collected any of it. No worries.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Child support is controlled by Statute based on the income of the parent in question. And is never closed because conditions (income) can change. When that parent's income goes down that parent can go back to court to ask for a reduction based on changed conditions; the same applies when income goes up, the custodial parent can ask for an increase.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    My children don't support me at all.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    My children don't support me at all.

SMH... Nice one :laugh:
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I get no support, but I believe I'm supposed to get $200/mo.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    You guys need to move to PA!!!

You get a percentage of his -potential- income.
    Marry a doctor who now works at McD's to spite you? Your child support is on a doctor's salary. Keeps idiots from doing this. Even if you terminate your rights, you still have to pay.