Hello

mistilinn
mistilinn Posts: 11
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Misti and I just found this site a couple of days ago. I have joined a weight loss forum on another site, but it is pretty much at a stand still which does me no good.

I have three children, four if you count my ,husband, all boys. My youngest is eighteen months old and the weight from the pregnancy is like concrete. I was approximately 135 three months before getting pregnant, but gained fifteen pounds in those three months. I gained thirty-five pounds during my pregnancy making me around 185 at delivery. I am currently at 161 and need to get down to at least 140, 135 would be awesome though.

I joined a gym and started this week, it is insanely kicking my butt and I am just doing the basics to ease myself into it. The hardest part for me is food. I love food, all food. However, when grocery shopping I tend to not buy the healthiest of choices. My husband is 100% anti-vegetable. I love vegetables, so I try to sneak them in whenever possible. Our budget doesn't allow for me to always get what I need, and what my husband will eat. My children luckily will eat anything I put in front of them.

I am hoping with this site I can keep to a somewhat healthy diet and watch my calories closer in order to reach my goal. I would like to reach this goal by May 15 if possible.

Misti

Replies

• tiggers
    tiggers Posts: 20
    Hi Misti,
    Welcome to the site, I love it so far and everyone on here seems to be really nice.

I can relate about it's hard shopping my husband also doesn't like eating too healthy and goes for all the junk food which makes it hard for me. my kids are the same way can eat anything you set down.

right now I'm at 177 since I started on this site I lost 6 lbs over 3 wk time. I haven't done any of my extreme workouts if I did I'm sure I would lose more than that, but I guess I'm still a little lazy trying to get in a routine.

if you put your mind to it you can do anything.
    Good Luck
    Amy
This discussion has been closed.