I thought I'd say hello!

Options
I'm a plus size model and a photographer in Collingwood, Ontario. I was always a bigger girl, but in university I was at least fit and on a few sports teams. I have been gaining weight and for the last few years I've been over 200 lbs. And being only 5'2, it's a lot more than I should weigh. Last year I had a DVT and a pulmonary embolism that nearly collapsed my lungs, and although it was not weight-related, it made me realize that being in better physical shape could help my body fight disease. In April, I will be 30 and I want to meet my goal weight before I leave my twenties. I have been working on exercising regularly, mostly with hikes and rock climbing. I'm getting nervous about the wintertime considering I won't be able to continue that. I'll need to get some snowshoes, or a hill pass. If I work at the ski resort, hopefully that will help me make time for some calorie burning.

I'd love to meet some people who are motivated and who can help keep me on track. If you're local, and want a hiking buddy, even better!

Becca