My first big NSV - someone noticed!

Options
becs_91
becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
I'm almost 15 lbs in, and I had my first big NSV today. The fall semester started about 5 weeks ago, which is the same time that I reached my highest weight and began my weight loss journey. No one has (verbally) noticed yet, except for a couple of people I'm really close to that know about my efforts. So, I do believe them, but you always wonder if they're just saying that because they already know, or if they really just happened to notice.

So today, before one of my classes, the girl that sits next to me ASKED IF I'M LOSING WEIGHT! I know some people don't like this question, but I was over the moon. I paused for a few seconds, wondering if I had imagined her saying that, and told her that yes, I sure ****in was! (Ok, a little less excitedly than that.) She said, "It shows." It was awesome, guys. Coming from an almost-stranger, it somehow seems more genuine that way. I thanked her profusely and then proceeded to float on a little weight loss cloud for hours to come.

WOOO! So apparently 15 is my magic number of when people start noticing!

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It's always awesome when strangers notice :3
  • ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Woooooo hoooooo! That's awesome :)))
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Awesome!1
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!! Love love love those NSV's...you will have many more to come, I'm sure!!
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Thats great!
  • andreamkelly
    Options
    Congrats!!! There is more to come... Remember a lot of people will notice but be afraid to say something. My husband thinks the nurse at his doctors office has lost weight, but worried about saying anything, just in case he was wrong.
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    Options
    Hell yeah, it's gotta feel good! Conrgats!
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    great, good for you! :happy:
  • MelodyBronson
    MelodyBronson Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It is such a great feeling when someone notices your weight loss!:smile:
  • michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Great feeling!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Congrats :) Such a nice surprise when someone actually notices!
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wooo! Thanks for the support guys! Hopefully my next "success" thread will be even more awesome, and with progress pics :smile:
  • Franzibear
    Franzibear Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Very very nice!! I remember my moment, it's very awesome and reinforces that you are on the right track! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!