5'2" and trying to get down to 125 lbs. need a buddy!

Options
Hey,

I am just over 5'2" and I am getting married in July. I am trying to get my weight down to about 125, but would LOVE to be at around 120, if I can, for my wedding day. I currently weigh about 136. It's getting cold outside so my desire to stay in and eat is getting tougher and tougher to fight! I really don't work out because of the nature of my stressful life. I know that it's just an excuse, but I really am stressed! I am a kindergarten teacher, in graduate school (expecting to graduate in the spring) and I am planning this wedding! My days are exhausting, but I feel like I just need a little encouragement to get me going!

Anyway, I am looking for some people who have similar weight goals to encourage me and I would love to do the same in return. Any takers?!

Replies

• jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    I am 5'2" as well and currently weigh 113. I have lost a total of 17 pounds (15 after joining MFP). I lost a few by eating better, but most has been from working out. I know sometimes it is tough to get in a workout, but a 30 minute workout may be a great stress reliever. Hopefully you can find the time to get one in a few times a week.
  • summersr13
    Options
    Hi Reginapham2, I'm glad I read your post! I am also trying to lose just about 10-15 lbs to weigh 120lbs in the end, and would love some friends on here to help give me that extra push. I am also a teacher, my first year as a special ed teacher and am in grad school plus I bartend on the weekends so I feel ya on stressed! Maybe we can help each other! Congrats on the upcoming wedding!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2.75'' (I fought hard for that three-quarters of an inch, dammit), with a primary goal of 139 (I'll probably want to go lower, but I've never been that light as an adult so I don't know what I'll look like or anything). I've lost about 20 lbs with MFP, closer to 70 all together over the past two and a half years, with about 30 pounds left to go before I hit that goal. I second jsjaclark; working out is definitely one of my stressbusters, and if you're under a lot of stress constantly, it'll do you good. Just 30 minutes a day is enough.

That said, though, if you truly don't have that time available to you, you can lose weight without exercising; you just need to basically become a calorie Nazi for yourself. Buy a food scale, portion out everything, know exactly what you're putting into your body and in what quantities.
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i really find a good work out to be great for stress releif
  • MizStephanie
    MizStephanie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I am just over 5'2" and I am getting married in July. I am trying to get my weight down to about 125, but would LOVE to be at around 120, if I can, for my wedding day. I currently weigh about 136. It's getting cold outside so my desire to stay in and eat is getting tougher and tougher to fight! I really don't work out because of the nature of my stressful life. I know that it's just an excuse, but I really am stressed! I am a kindergarten teacher, in graduate school (expecting to graduate in the spring) and I am planning this wedding! My days are exhausting, but I feel like I just need a little encouragement to get me going!

Anyway, I am looking for some people who have similar weight goals to encourage me and I would love to do the same in return. Any takers?!

I would love to this with you! I am at 137 and my goal is between 125-128. We should motivate eachother!
  • queenofmetal
    Options
    I would love to be a buddy!
    I'm 5'2", weigh 138.5. I'd love to hit 125, would love 120 even more!

I found in a doctors appointment, to my absolute horror, that I had gained almost eight pounds since my last visit six months ago. I have officially sworn to myself that I will -never- have that conversation again.
  • SusieGirlRN
    SusieGirlRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    5'2 ish here & would love to get to 120! Problem is, I have been concentrating on trying to get out of the mid 130 range forever :sad: I will take fault & blame where it is due (like my diet being much less than perfect)

I Love Turbo Fire & exercise like a madwoman ... guess I will be mixing in some additional strength training soon :grumble: Would love to be friends & encourage you ~ will watch my diet a bit closer too!

Sue :flowerforyou:
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    5'3" and trying to get down to 120! Ideally 110-115 one day, but I haven't been in the 120's for at least 5 years :(, so 120 is the start. This site really has been great, probably the best thing I've come across to help me lose and keep off the weight. I went through a couple of personal trainers and crash diets in the past, neither had sustainable results (I don't mean to put down personal trainers, I know there a lot out there that are passionate about what they do - but the money I spent on the personal training program at my gym was just for commission-hungry teens *grumbles* lol). The support system of the forums on here has really helped me figure out what works for me.
    I really believe in 'eating clean' and learning how to portion your food properly. I wasn't big into exercising as I had dropped it off completely since high school, but I find I actually look forward to running now as well :).
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi. 5'3" here. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • carla1958
    Options
    Hey, I would love to be friends and we could motivate each other! I have more weight to lose, about 45 pounds, but I am confident I can do it this time and look forward to enjoying myself in photos (maybe in a white dress?). I have lost 11 pounds so far and am lower than I have been in 10 years. My 4 kids are grown with the youngest at 18 so it is tough to keep blaming them. I join you in the fight, Carla
  • kmmagik
    kmmagik Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm 5' 1.5" and currently weigh 122 which is up 15 lbs from this exact time last year. It's hard to lose weight at this height not to mention I am 44 years old. Since I weighed 107 I joined a gym but also started going out more so more eating out and alcohol. I'm on 1200 calories a day and workout at least 5 hours a week sometimes more but that doesn't seem to be helping it all. I am convinced it's diet. I just changed my goals to be 55% carbs, 30% protein and 15% fat. I am wondering if I should lower the carb percentage and up the protein but that's difficult since I am a vegetarian. I would need to find protein drinks and bars that aren't loaded with other things. HELP!!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'3" (42 yrs old) and currently 117, so not looking to lose anymore (in fact I'm working to gain a little in muscle), but I wanted to encourage you to rethink the exercise. It was really the boost I needed to lose almost 40 lbs and it also helps you to preserve your muscle which is important for maintaining weight loss going forward. I've been down this road many times and most of them I didn't workout, this time has been so much different. Best of luck to you on your journey, feel free to add me if you like. :smile:
  • Rolynthunder
    Rolynthunder Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would love a buddy! I'm 5ft 3in and 134 and trying to get to 125! Add me!
  • juicysmilez
    Options
    I would love to join all of you. I am 5fl3in and I weigh 211 pounds from 235. I am looking to find friends so we can motivate each other because as we all know the journey is more easily traveled with a companion than alone:)
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am in too.I am 5'2" and 130lbs. Want to get in that 115 lbs range.
  • evansjaohseven
    evansjaohseven Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 137 pounds. My goal is 125 pounds but would love to be 130 by Thanksgiving!
  • litebright33
    litebright33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I would love to be in the 125-130 range. I started at 160 and have made it to 138 but am just sort of stuck here!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I am also that size, Do you exercise?
  • lightweightdiva
    lightweightdiva Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and looking to go from 138 to 115 in time for my wedding in May! Would love to have a buddy system!
  • terbee
    terbee Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm happy to lend motivation - I am your height and went from about 145 to 125. I have spent most of my life hating how I looked bottom-heavy in clothes, but losing these 20 pounds has made such a big difference in how things fit now. Although there are parts of my body I want to keep improving, and a few more pounds to lose, this is a size I am really happy in right now. It is possible, and you can do it!! I have taken up running, and run 4 times a week, and otherwise eat sensibly with my net cals around 1500-1600. I still treat myself a lot with food, but in small portions and usually on days where I've gotten a run in. It seems to be working. Good luck! Get it done! I regret the years I spent unhappy, when I could have turned it around in 6 months of hard work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!