Weight lifting equipment for home

Options
Contemplating getting some weight lifting equipment for home, for when I can't get to the gym.
If you could get one thing, what would it be? Some things I've been considering are:

Set of dumbells and a bench
Set of kettles
A cable gym (with 1 or 2 stacks) kinda pricey though.
Resistance bands (or something like the Wieder X pro)

Replies

• skolvikes5
    Options
    I have a hoist half cage ensemble...it's not cheap though. But, it's the best thing I have ever bought.
  • Tyrone_S
    Tyrone_S Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    A Swiss-ball, a solid stool, a few resistance bands, and a set of dumbbells which you can adjust the weight on and there is pretty much nothing you can't do.

Granted you might not be able to go super heavy with this equipment, there is no muscle group that you couldn't murder with the right exercise. And anyway, it's only for when you can't make it to the gym and missing out on your 1RM squat is ok every now and then.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    TRX and a kettlebell
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Sandbag kit (Ultimate Sandbag makes a great one) can completely replace a weight set, barbells and all.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    A co-worker showed me this SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells - seems like a good home item.
    Personally I have
    -- resistance bands
    -- weider weights (though I prob need more attachment weights - they are "screw on" free weight dumbells.
    -- Some neoprene (rubbery) fixed weights
    -- Exercise mat
    I get a good workout using these.
  • sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Options
    A good list of items to look into! Thanks.