Eggs? Eat ALL the Eggs?

Options

Replies

• raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    With a healthy lifestyle...eat as many as you want ;) Eggs are one of my favorite foods! I do try to get them fresh locally or stock up on the organic ones in the grocery store when on sale.
  • DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    Options
    I have no egg knowledge, but I had to click on this thread for the sole purpose of seeing who appreciated Hyperbole and a Half.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    "Eggcellent" is not the worlds greatest saying by accident.

Eggzactly!
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I have no egg knowledge, but I had to click on this thread for the sole purpose of seeing who appreciated Hyperbole and a Half.
    That's the only reason I clicked it too. Considering the OP has a tendency to flame and get his threads locked.

Also, you can eat as many eggs as your heart desires. As long as it fits your macros.
  • DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    Options
    That's the only reason I clicked it too. Considering the OP has a tendency to flame and get his threads locked.

Also, you can eat as many eggs as your heart desires. As long as it fits your macros.

:drinker:
  • lornaloo3
    lornaloo3 Posts: 102
    Options
    My decision to stick to egg whites over whole eggs has a calorie to protein ratio. If you can budget whole eggs into your calories go for it. :)
  • rocksoutforcheese
    Options
    I'm surprised to see that many people still don't understand that the cholesterol in your food DOESN'T go to your arteries... healthy fats are good for your body and your heart... saturated fat is your friend! I eat at least a dozen a week. It's trans fats, processed foods, and sugar-laden junk that's bad for you. Not wholesome eggs. Eat the whole darn thing.
  • StonesUnturned
    StonesUnturned Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Speaking of eggs....http://youtu.be/qSR9Z1H0ycs

I did this last night, now I want to eat MORE eggs just because its so much fun!

Oh my goodness THANK YOU. I am terrible at peeling eggs. This is like that time I found out if you hack the pit in an avocado hard enough with the knife and twist, it comes right out. Life-changing (no, I don't get out much. Why do you ask?)

Have you seen the corn shucking video? Its just as liberating! I dont get out much either : /
    http://youtu.be/YnBF6bv4Oe4

Oh, and for the OP, eggs, like any other food, are just fine in moderation, yolks and all! I have seen anywhere from 4-12 whole eggs a week are good for you, posted on different websites, depending on your health. Same as salt, its fine in moderation, but too much can be a bad thing. Hmmm, come to think of it, almost all foods have that stipulation.

Whaaaa?! That man is adorable. I don't know how I managed to feed myself before Youtube.
  • Cathcandoo
    Cathcandoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow....who knew chicken ovulation could cause so much debate! Poor little, yummy ovals of goodness......
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hey girl, why does your computer let you post threads but not let you Google?
    Can't tell if last poster is insinuating I'm lazy

Or if they're sick of seeing my posts

:laugh:
    I think if people understood the concept of Google then 90% of the threads on here wouldn't exist...

As for the OP, I am not going to site sources or anything because I am lazy, so I am sure due to that fact my information will be questioned if not overlooked... but cholesterol is merely and aid your body uses to repair inflammatory damage in veins and arteries. The problem with high cholesterol comes when people don't do anything to stop the cause of the inflammation and the body sends more and more cholesterol which then builds up and causes problems. Cholesterol is not the problem, inflammatory causers are! Cholesterol is just our misunderstood friend with very good intentions :wink:
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol is not the problem, inflammatory causers are! Cholesterol is just our misunderstood friend with very good intentions :wink:

Cholesterols. Very misunderstood creatures they are. But what would cause the inflammation? Underlining celiac or something like that? Or are you saying something else that would cause the disease? And knowing inflammation isn't a bad thing, why is there so many anti-inflammatory meds on the market? Not trying to argue, just trying to understand because I don't know and it's like trying to find out the answers.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    The problem with high cholesterol comes when people don't do anything to stop the cause of the inflammation and the body sends more and more cholesterol which then builds up and causes problems. Cholesterol is not the problem, inflammatory causers are! Cholesterol is just our misunderstood friend with very good intentions

And how am I supposed to know what "inflammation" is causing my spike in cholesterol? What about the people who are genetically prone to high cholesterol? Where is that "inflammation" coming from? Sorry but I don't buy that. What you eat, how much you weigh, activity level, family history . . . . this is what increases your cholesterol levels not some mythical "inflammation".

While one does have to be cognizant of their total cholesterol numbers it's the LDL's and Triglycerides that you really need to pay close attention to. My total cholesterol is high however all my other numbers -- HDL, LDL, Tri's -- are all quite low.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    And how am I supposed to know what "inflammation" is causing my spike in cholesterol? What about the people who are genetically prone to high cholesterol? Where is that "inflammation" coming from? Sorry but I don't buy that. What you eat, how much you weigh, activity level, family history . . . . this is what increases your cholesterol levels not some mythical "inflammation".

While I refuse to believe we are all just genetically doomed to suffer, I do agree that lifestyle plays a huge role in every aspect of health, I would be a fool not to. Now, I truly don't mean this to sound rude, but I frankly don't care if you "buy that" or not. You can come back and say "You're wrong" and that's you're opinion. But remember that just like every bit of scientific data out there I am going to find answers in my time studying and more than likely you and others are going to find answers saying the exact opposite. I'll go ahead and tell you right now you will not find my research done using any government funded experiments or studies, and that is going to play a huge role in difference of opinion...

Enjoy your topless escapades in the woods! (and nice definition!) :tongue:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

While I refuse to believe we are all just genetically doomed to suffer, I do agree that lifestyle plays a huge role in every aspect of health, I would be a fool not to. Now, I truly don't mean this to sound rude, but I frankly don't care if you "buy that" or not. You can come back and say "You're wrong" and that's you're opinion. But remember that just like every bit of scientific data out there I am going to find answers in my time studying and more than likely you and others are going to find answers saying the exact opposite. I'll go ahead and tell you right now you will not find my research done using any government funded experiments or studies, and that is going to play a huge role in difference of opinion...

Enjoy your topless escapades in the woods! (and nice definition!) :tongue:

I absolutely agree that lifestyle plays a huge role in health but what about when you eat right and exercise and your bad cholesterol is still high and there's been a history of high cholesterol in your family?

I think as far as cholesterol goes people focus too much on the total number and don't take into consideration what is driving this. My total is high however my HDL's are high and the ratio of total to HDL is perfect so the total number really is moot.
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    So the jury says that eating ALL the eggs wouldn't be so bad as long as I am active? So why even bother tracking Cholesterol then? Seems like our nutrition labels need to be overhauled.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I think we need more threads about egg consumption.
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, "Give me a lot of bacon and eggs." What I said was, "Give me all the bacon and eggs you have."
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I'm on a Paleo diet, so I eat lots of eggs. Love me some eggs... and bacon.
  • LauraFan78
    Options
    My doctor told me that unless you have bad cholesterol, eating whole eggs a 3-4 times a week isn't bad for you like it once was thought.