Shiritaki Noodles

Options
hazelann_pt
hazelann_pt Posts: 4 Member
At 20 calories per package, this is worth a try for people who are pastavores and ricevores like me! Has anyone tried this? I love it!

Replies

• snowfox1
    snowfox1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have tried them and I do love them. I personally use them only when I am making Asian noodles as the texture for me is not right for actual pasta dishes like spaghetti.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Ohh.. I've never tried those .. I'll have to check them out
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I really love Shiritaki noodles, I would suggest boiling the noodles after you drained them from the package for 5 minutes before stir frying or baking them.

you can easily make alternative noodle dishes using shiritaki noodles since the noodles can absorb the flavor easily, I make an alfredo alternative that nets in 190-225 calories per serving, some of my friends that tried it could tell that it was different, but they said it was very good none the less.
  • Smurfette1987
    Smurfette1987 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yeah I love them! I've always thought pasta and noodles were such a waste of calories because to me they are essentially texture fillers for the sauce. If I don't have alot of spare calories a like shiritaki with an egg white, light cheese triangle or a tiny bit of light mayo and loads of pepper or garlic or mustard and some veg like brocolli or mushrooms. nomnomnom. Shame you have to order them online here though :(
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Ohh yes we buy the Miracle noodles brand, they have many different varieties and they are so great, the Garlic and Herb and they have spinach and one they call black, then plain angle hair and fettucini and the rice. They are a staple at my house. I love them, only always remember to rinse them very very very throughly.
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just discovered these! I fried extra lean ground beef, onions and mushrooms. Then added 1 can diced tomatoes (juice drained),
    1 - 2 cups spaghetti sauce and 2 pkgs of shiritaki noodles. It was yummy. I didn't notice any difference from regular noodles.