Nightly Sweet Tooth

Options
jfhbrl
jfhbrl Posts: 13 Member
I have been on MFP for almost a week and so far so good. I can eat healthy all day long but I have the biggest sweet tooth after dinner and before bed. I want chocolate candy, cupcake,etc.! Does anyone else have this problem and how do I say no to sweets??

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Low calorie hot chocolate or a cup of pure cocoa with some sweetner. I have organic green&Black's myself.
    Square or two of 70%-85% dark chocolate.
    1 chocolate mousse, preferably frozen so it lasts longer.
    Cup frozen yoghurt.
    Large apple, cut into pieces.
    Greek 0% fat Yoghurt with some fruit or some stevia and pb2/peanut flour mixed in.
    Cottage cheese with pineapple.
    Chocolate milk.
    Handful of nuts and dried fruit.
    A mini size chocolate bar.

Plenty of ways if you are watching calories but not overly concerned about sugar content.
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Gum, water, brush your teeth.
    Or, grill up some fruit, or just eat some fruit.
  • jfhbrl
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I am going to try a few of those.
  • jfhbrl
    Options
    Grilled fruit sounds great=)
  • jodib777
    jodib777 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too!! I have an apple every night after dinner, at least 2 hours before I go to bed. Sometimes...this isn't enough, so I splurged on some amazing herbal teas. (loose leaf in a tea ball is a must!) I picked teas that smelled sweet. I put the cup close by so I can smell it while it's steeping and by the time it cools and I drink it, my craving is satisfied, I'm relaxed and ready for bed.
  • porscheparcher
    Options
    Ahhhhh!! I know those pains!!! Shakeology really helped to curb my sweet tooth, please it IS sweet so it's a great healthy night snack if needed. Over time it helps to lessen those cravings. Been drinking it for months now, you gotta try it!! :)
  • rswinters
    rswinters Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    94% fat free 100 calorie pack orville redenbockers kettle corn popcorn does the job everytime
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    On a daily (or nearly daily) basis I have:
    pGNC1-7794153dt.jpg protein mocha mix
    115605.jpg cake batter flavored protein powder
    *****17010006_lg.jpg***** Nutritional stats aren't much different from a normal natural peanut butter...except it's like reese's.
  • Smrhoads
    Options
    I just go to bed. If I am out f the kitchen, I can't eat!
  • ashleynicoled09
    ashleynicoled09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Try the 321 cake recipe to help with the cravings. It has helped me when i NEED cake. All you do is get a box of angel food cake, and your favorite flavor of cake (chocolate, strawberry, white etc..), and empty those into a Ziploc bag. Shake them up really good and you have your mix ready. Now you make your cake. 3 tablespoons of mix, 2 tablespoons of water, and 1 minute in the microwave. I make mine in a coffee mug. Be sure and mix the ingredients together well enough that they look frothy in the mug. I also have sliced up strawberries and drizzled 1/2 of teaspoon of hershey chocolate syrup to add some extra flavor. I got this recipe from another MFP user. Hope it helps!
  • jfhbrl
    Options
    Thanks everyone=) So many ideas to try now...really helps!!!
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I save my calories up to have a small dessert after dinner every night.
  • tearsinger
    tearsinger Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I eat a serving of ice cream almost every night. One measured by grams serving of ice cream. I buy whatever is on sale.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I save some calories and eat what I want. =) I wonder what it'll be tonight?!
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I think cravings for certain foods, especially sweets, come from a need to feel a little high...sugars have the ability to temporarily lift you up by increasing the serotonin in the brain. Unfortunately, it's too temporary and has bad effects on insulin and fat storage,,etc.

Another way to beat cravings without bad effects is to increase protein intake and teach yourself that this would make for a healthier person, inside and out.

There is alot of cool research and info out there on the net on this subject. Make it your new hobby to get some good info.

Most folks are just gonna tell you to chew gum or drink water. I say education is POWER! Go for it!
  • bamakmd
    bamakmd Posts: 34
    Options
    This sounds awesome! What is your favorite flavor cake mix to use? I may do this tomorrow :)
  • Jessicao33
    Jessicao33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I was bad for awhile they I took gymnema and it helps message me and I can give u more info...I cut the kitchen off at 7 to me and keep temp water in my hand no matter how late
  • bamakmd
    bamakmd Posts: 34
    Options
    Try the 321 cake recipe to help with the cravings. It has helped me when i NEED cake. All you do is get a box of angel food cake, and your favorite flavor of cake (chocolate, strawberry, white etc..), and empty those into a Ziploc bag. Shake them up really good and you have your mix ready. Now you make your cake. 3 tablespoons of mix, 2 tablespoons of water, and 1 minute in the microwave. I make mine in a coffee mug. Be sure and mix the ingredients together well enough that they look frothy in the mug. I also have sliced up strawberries and drizzled 1/2 of teaspoon of hershey chocolate syrup to add some extra flavor. I got this recipe from another MFP user. Hope it helps!

This sounds awesome! What is your favorite flavor cake mix to use? I may do this tomorrow :)
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    94% fat free 100 calorie pack orville redenbockers kettle corn popcorn does the job everytime

Love this. I also do sugar free puddings with P2B or chocolate pb2.

Another snack someone posted a recipe 1/4 cup rolled oats, 1/2 packet of sugar free cocoa, add water mix and roll into balls and freeze. Low cal, chocolate and completely awesome.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I know it's really bad for you because it has a lot of fake stuff in it but low calorie jelly. Some times I like to mix it with a little low fat natrual yoghurt and pretend I'm eating jelly and ice cream. Am I strange?