Looking for 3rd shift friends

Options
I just started MFP after losing around 30 lbs on Weight Watchers. Still learning the ropes of this site, but free is what I need right now.

I work 3rd shift as a secretary in the O.R. (11p-7a Sun-Thurs) and am looking for friends I'd be able to check in with in the middle of the night :) Also starting nursing school in January after a 2 1/2 year waiting list!

28 years old
Starting: 223
Current: 195
Goal: 149 ("Average" BMI)

Replies

• Josherrific
    Options
    I am not on an overnight schedule at work, but I am a night owl by nature. I am usually up until 2 or 3am central time. There is something about the middle of the night that makes me task oriented!
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am a dispatcher and work 7p-7a and am usually on here all evening on the nights I work. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • zumbatastic
    Options
    I'm a dispatcher at the Hwy Patrol and we work rotating shifts...as in there is no rhyme or reason to my schedule :-) But I am on overnights a LOT! Feel free to add me
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    feel free to myself if you wish....work at a federal prison (10pm -6am)...for me this is first shift...gotta love the gov't...we work backwards lol
  • starspeckled
    starspeckled Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies! I'm sure I'll see you guys around on my quieter nights (we're either quiet, or chaotic!)
  • jlburns2005
    jlburns2005 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    U can add me also. I work in a neuro rehab facility from 11-7:30.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    we have the official nightshift thread on here, there are several of us nightworkers who chat over there.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/758481-official-nightshift-thread?page=14#posts-11348684
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    you can add me...I work sun - thurs nites 10pm to 6am

also check out the official nightshift thread

most of the nightshifters hang out there

and there is a Nightshift crew group on facebook...alot of MFP members hang out there as well
  • chrisenos
    chrisenos Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am a police officer working 10:30PM-6:30AM, really glad to see all of the night owls here!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I wish I had internet access at my work when I did night shifts, would have made it so much more bearable!
  • twhitney
    twhitney Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I work radiology at a hospital on midnights. Always looking for someone to chat with in the middle of the night :)
  • jtkalcich
    Options
    I am also a late night person. I have the hardest time going to bed before 2-4am. I just started working again after a 4 week stint unemployed and I am getting ready to move from Phoenix to San Francisco.

My start weight was 286 and I am targeting 205. I would love to find more friends on here. I joined a year ago but took a hiatus while my wife was pregnant. I am down to 267 so far. The hardest part for me is finding food my wife an I agree on since I am vegetarian and she is picky in a different way. We are both hoping our two kids like more variety than we do.

Anyway I mostly do this business from my iPhone so I would love some more friends to cross encourage with. If anyone is in the Bay area especially I would love to find more people to get to know once we move. (We are still looking for a place.)

John
  • SJiqbal
    SJiqbal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey

I'm not a shift worker but I'm from England. So mid way through your shift, it's morning time for me! I'm also the same weight as you so add me if you like
  • leaffan12
    leaffan12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I work the third shift (9pm-8am) as a health care coordinator for a Health Care Agency and I'm usually on here during the night.

Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    This is a new facebook page for night shift workers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/108197372645760
  • grizzlymaze
    grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm a 3rd shifter and on at night. You can add me and I'll be right here for ya.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Oh Hai!! There's a whole lunch of us here. I switch from days to nights every 2 months. The Facebook page that Lisa linked is pretty active. It's nice having a support system of people who understand.