Kelloggs Krave cereal

Options
I just tried this cereal- it has chocolate(!) in the middle.Only 120 cal and 3.5 g fat for 3/4 cup serving.It gets rid of sweets cravings! happy day:)

Replies

• SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!

Also Trader Joe's Vanilla Almond Clusters. (AKA Crack Clusters)

Next time you're around a Trader Joe's pick up a box. You'll thank me! The cals are a bit high but they're AMAZING and they keep you full for hours.
  • mama4loca
    mama4loca Posts: 181
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Think I wil do that
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I just tried this cereal- it has chocolate(!) in the middle.Only 120 cal and 3.5 g fat for 3/4 cup serving.It gets rid of sweets cravings! happy day:)

Mix it with Reeses Peanut Butter Puffs and thank MFP legend and all-around nice guy Ed Davenport for the idea. I just bought a box of each last night to try it, and it's quite amazing.
  • perfecting_emptiness
    Options
    It's delicious but the box is so tiny and expensive!
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Love it! Though it was a tad more than 120 cals... ate the whole box in one sitting. :drinker: I don't buy cereal anymore for that reason :p
  • tnbaker81
    tnbaker81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This has been my favorite go-to snack since starting this program in January. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    Urgh... I cannot call this stuff cereal. It's more like 'tiny cookies in a box.'
  • lornaloo3
    lornaloo3 Posts: 102
    Options
    I second the tiny cookies in a box, but if the alternative is actual cookies with double or triple the calorie count then it's a good call for yourself. I bought one box earlier in my journey and used it for cravings too. It lasted me almost two months. I found vanilla greek yogurt pretty much did fixed sweet for me so I never did a second box.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    If that was in my house, i would eat the whole box....
    agreed its not breakfast but a dessert , no nutrition at all
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Urgh... I cannot call this stuff cereal. It's more like 'tiny cookies in a box.'

Yep THIS.
    And with 9g of sugar per serving ... no thanks!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

No nutrition? Really? Check the label again. it may be *less* nutrition than some other cereals, but yes, there *is* nutrition there, carbohydrates, polyunsaturated fat, monounsaturated fat, fiber, for starters.
  • embercakez
    Options
    dangit...now I want cereal! I eat WAY more than a serving though, so I tend to stay away from it.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Dont forget the sugar...
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options

Yep THIS.
    And with 9g of sugar per serving ... no thanks!

9g of sugar per serving is healthier than Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt with 18g of sugar per serving. And people think that's healthy, too.

*edit- I said Dannon Oikos, but a lot of flavored yogurts, Greek or not, have this amount of sugar in them. Not any specific brand.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this cereal, I had a housemate who worked for Kellogs so could get boxes for £1.....VERY VERY dangerous!! such a bad idea!! :grumble: you'd probably only get 4 pieces in a bowl for 120 calories :frown: as long as you weight I'm sure portion sizes will be fine. I used to eat it for breakfast every day...and now here i am on MFP....cause/effect anyone? :huh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this cereal, I had a housemate who worked for Kellogs so could get boxes for £1.....VERY VERY dangerous!! such a bad idea!! :grumble: you'd probably only get 4 pieces in a bowl for 120 calories :frown: as long as you weight I'm sure portion sizes will be fine. I used to eat it for breakfast every day...and now here i am on MFP....cause/effect anyone? :huh:

Actually, one serving is perfect for me on most days. On exercise days, I might have a little extra. Trust me, it's more than four pieces. :laugh:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options

No nutrition? Really? Check the label again. it may be *less* nutrition than some other cereals, but yes, there *is* nutrition there, carbohydrates, polyunsaturated fat, monounsaturated fat, fiber, for starters.

ooops sorry if its made with whole grains and fibre it must be nutritional :glasses:
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Through much trial and error, I have discovered that I am not allowed to have cereal in the house. I just have no self-control when it comes to it. I have eaten many entire boxes of cereal all by myself in the past (Krave has been one of them). It's smart for me to just avoid it.
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    mmmm... i love krave!!
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My BF loves Krave! It's a little too much for me, though. But he definetly eats it as an afternoon or late night snack, not breakfast cereal.