Gaining weight?

miaangel345
miaangel345 Posts: 54
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I weighed myself to day and I gained a half pound in the last two weeks, sure sometimes I go over 1500 maybe once or twice in that interval even still it was only to 1600 or 1800 which shouldn't cause u to gain if u burn 2,000 calories a day, right?

What are some ways u can gain weight? I think maybe my body likes where it is and is "getting use to" the 1500 a day, could this be it?

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Well are you eating your exercise calories? What type of workouts are you doing if any? Since you don't have much to lose it will unfortunately take longer to get the weight off, you have to be really strict with yourself... our weight can fluctuate a few pounds from water weight so don't get discouraged, also... did you measure yourself? You may have lost inches!

Good luck :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    I weighed myself to day and I gained a half pound in the last two weeks,

This could only be water weight... you weight can fluctuate slightly because of water retention. I wouldn't stress about 1/2 a pound! Especially if you are doing everything right!
  • AshleyNPeters
    AshleyNPeters Posts: 78 Member
    Exactly, you could just be gaining muscle. If you haven't been working out, it could be something as simple as your period. Sometimes women s weight can fluctuate up to 4 pounds around that time of the month.
  • Exactly, you could just be gaining muscle. If you haven't been working out, it could be something as simple as your period. Sometimes women s weight can fluctuate up to 4 pounds around that time of the month.

Oh that sucks! haha. I had weighed myself after eating a big meal and then exercising so I figured the exercising would "cancel" out the meal. I TRY to exercise three times a week but I really exercise twice a week, and I'm on the lose a 1/2 a pound a week diet now because to lose a pound a week I would have to eat like 1380 calories and I don't think I could take that everyday, too little!
This discussion has been closed.