Options
2»

Replies

• FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Chicken.
    ^^^

Its always better to get your protein from natural sources.

Of course it's always better, but a lot of the times its about convience. I don't have time to cook up some chicken right after lifting. I need protein asap.

Pre cook it on the weekend.
  • embercakez
    Options
    Chicken.
    ^^^

Its always better to get your protein from natural sources.

Of course it's always better, but a lot of the times its about convience. I don't have time to cook up some chicken right after lifting. I need protein asap.

Pre cook it on the weekend.
    and eat it on the way out of the gym? seriously though I know what you're saying and I prefer havin protein shakes. I personally can't only eat so much meat before I full. protein shakes give me extra protein without making me over full.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I like ON's Natural Whey Protein line. One of the very few without the Sucralose crap in it.

I also like protein bars - they're kind of my guilty pleasure. Supreme Protein makes really good ones.

All my other protein comes from the usual sources - egg whites, meat, dairy, nuts.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    If you get a good CFM whey protein shake then it should have almost no carbs and little fat in them and then you can make what you want. You can do something like:

Whey by itself: Approx 27grams of protein per serving.

Whey home weight gainer
    - 2 or 3 servings of whey
    - a couple servings of oats
    - a couple servings of Dark Chocolate Almond milk
    - 1 or 2 servings of Walnut Oil

Whey - Low Carb
    - 1 or 2 servings of whey
    - 1 or 2 servings of chopped almonds
    - 1 serving of walnut oil

There are a lot of options and you at least control what's going into the shake. With the protein bars you really don't know and many protein bars are high in sugar and some are even worse than a Snickers bar.
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I dont drink my protein, I eat it. Don't waste your money on the supplements unless you truly need them.
    Just my 2 pennies.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Ideally if you have time to eat all of your meals then you don't need either. I for one with my workday do not have time to eat all of the calories I need and have to supplement a little bit with shakes. Seriously, 3,000+ CLEAN calories is not easy. I consume as much food as possible and then throw a couple shakes together that I can down quickly at my desk.
  • titanium2012
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of meat and I've found it super hard to get enough even if I really concentrate on trying to eat high protein foods.

I use protein shakes on days that I work out.