Breakfast right away?

Hello all. Just wondering if anybody sees a problem with getting up and eating breakfast within half an hour? I work out for 30 minuter is the after noon. Do I have to workout in the morning? I just can't imagine waking up at 6 and working out right away. I am always tired a groggy as it is, and I wouldn't be able to bring myself to get out of bed if I knew I had to exercise right away. So, is it OK to just eat breakfast right away? I know some people wait a few hours, but the truth is, I don't have anything to do in the morning but eat breakfast!

Replies

• Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    bump
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    :grumble:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    What works for you,works for you. I eat a light breakfast every morning within an hour of waking up. I generally do 10-30 minutes of mybarre3 before I practice my horn before heading out to work and then get my walking in 10-20 minute sessions (as many as I can fit in but no less than a total of 60 minutes).

My stepson's regime is eating breakfast every morning and exercising every evening. He is the fittest person I know!
  • Hownow37
    Hownow37 Posts: 14 Member
    Eat when you want to eat, exercise when you want to exercise. Everyone has different body rythms and I've found when I go against mine it is counterproductive.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Woah. Easy there tiger! Everybody takes a while to respond to forum posts because we've all got lives outside of here (including you I'm sure). If nobody responds in five minutes, you can always bump up the topic this afternoon and try again when more people are awake. Remember, there are different time zones and not everybody is up at 7:30est. :smile:

In terms of eating breakfast right when you get up, I always did that for years because it was the only way to motivate myself out of bed. The only reason I switched to eating later because I get hungry in the middle of the day. I still can't eat it any later than 9am or I'm STARVING.

In terms of your body, the general agreement has been that it only reads cumulative long term changes. Therefore, eating at different times of the day usually doesn't make a difference. Now, there is some argument about eating late at night, but the problem there seems to be people over-eating, or having trouble sleeping on a full stomach. I've eaten absolute junk at 10 or 11 at night and I never magically gained pounds unless I was overeating consistently.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    When you decide to eat is totally your preference. Here is some great reading:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/529002-a-compliation-on-meal-frequency?hl=compliation+meal+frequency
  • I usually feel quite hungry when i wake up, so would have a light breakfast (cereal/porridge) with a cup of tea - couldn't have anything too heavy. Although before I moved, I used to go to the gym when I got up in the morning and I would normally have a banana for energy and then eat toast or cereal when i got to work!!