Really need advice please

Options
have been trying to lose weight now for approximately 8 weeks. I have successfully lost 16lbs so far but now I can't seem to lose any more. But my main concern is my lack of energy recently. I am desperately tired and finding my exercise hard going. I think I am eating well enough but would be most obliged if anyone would care to have a look at my diary and advise where I may be going wrong? I do not want to eat more than I am as I have an underactive thyroid and its very easy for me to gain weight, losing weight for me is indeed a fight.
I walk a lot and have been doing the 30 Day Shred (I alternate between the 3 levels to avoid the exact same thing day in day out) and I also use my exercise bike most days. But over the last 2 weeks I have struggled to find the energy and now I'm feeling very low and despondent. My BMR is 1373.
Any advice would be gratefully received xxx

Replies

• ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hey there, i would increase your calorie intake a bit. it might helpbreak your plataue and also give you more energy! :)
  • Heatherwood62
    Options
    Certainly, I am not a nutritionist....but are you drinking enough fluids? I know that dehydration can cause fatigue.
    Are you getting enough sleep? Try vitamin B12 supplements.....
    I did read your diet diary but it looks impressive to me... But again I am not well versed in nutrition :-(. You have done a great job!,,
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I checked out your diary and honestly I'm going to tell you what everybody else will which is that you just need to eat more. :-) If your bmr is around 1300 then youre eating below what your body needs to perform basic functions so it makes you tired.

I was also eating at 1200 cals per day and lost 20 pounds but just recently started slowly increasing my calorie limit. I'm now up to 1400-1500. Yes my weight loss stalled but I was prepared for that. The most important thing I realized is that weight loss is not a race. I got frustrated when the scale didn't move but then I made myself see that I have the rest of my life and if I continue to be healthy, eat better and exercise the weight will come off just not super fast. I have just started losing again after increasing my calories about 3 weeks ago. Also it sounds like your main goal is to get healthy and fit which you will be able to do better if you eat more, especially with all the exercise you're getting in.

I also have thyroid issues. Another thought is to check with your doc if you're feeling that tired, maybe you need your meds adjusted or it could be another issue. Good luck, hope this helps!!!
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You are a little low on calories. Remember not to go under your BMR.
  • Heatherwood62
    Options
    One more thought..... Have you had your thyroid values and vit D level checked?
  • m6rsy
    m6rsy Posts: 21
    Options
    thanks everyone. My thyroid was last checked around 6 months ago and meds are as they should be. I have no idea what my vitamin D level is but as I stay in Scotland and the sun is a good source I reckon I dont get anywhere near enough LOL! Perhaps a vit D supplement would help. I do take lots of fluids, I regularly forget to log them! As its mainly water or tea without sugar or milk it has no calorific value.
    I will up my calorie intake a little so will look at that too altho I eat until I feel full and I never deny myself anything if I'm hungry.
    Thank you for the advice ..... I just need to get over the hurdle of not feeling guilty for eating more than 1200cals ! xxx
  • stweb3028
    stweb3028 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Aside from being an actual medical problem, I agree with those that have said to increase your caloric intake a little. It does not need to be a drastic increase to see a difference. My wife was running into the same problem at 1200 calories. She had no energy, and weight loss was slow. She increased her intake to around 1400, and it made the world of difference. She has more energy, and she is losing more weight. You have to find a balance.