Best exercise DVDs?

Options
Hey looking for some exercise DVDs that will actually get results & keep me interested!

Gratefull for any suggestions :) xxx

Replies

• sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    30 DS or anything by Jillian. Good Luck :smile:
  • Rozieq84
    Options
    If you like dancing, Zumba is way fun. I like Pilates a lot too, and if you have digital cable there are usually a roating bunch of exercise videos On Demand from your provider (it might take some looking to find) but you're already paying for those, so use 'em!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Depends what you're looking for. Loads if info in previous posts. Look at the Beachbody stuff on their website and then search for anything you find interesting in here and YouTube. Be aware that a lot of stuff is written by Beachbody coaches though who want to sell you stuff for commission
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Hi - I wasn't keen on the amount of Plyometrics in the Insanity workouts - yes I can just about keep up, but explosive cardiac routines 5 days a week and one weight training day can't be good and there was so much overlap in the exercises across the DVDs you might as well be doing the same routine. Not for me.

The P90X contains more variety and more weight and bodyweight resistance training which I like, but I didn't like the way the trainer referred to female class members as "girlfriend" and praising them for keeping up with the guys - patronising I thought but maybe that's just me. The content is good and varied and despite being weight training orientated it seems easier on the knees - not so much explosive jumping around.

30 Day Shred would be an excellent way in to a regular workout if you haven't exercised much before. I like the trainer and she seems to respect her training buddies well.

I have opted for P90X and try to ignore the annoying comments the trainer sometimes makes! I get enough cardiac from beach running and swimming and cycling to work and I may work in the Insanity Pure Cardiac as a good cardiac DVD, but I didn't get on with the others in Insanity.