Only in a year....

Options
I can't believe only 1 year ago, last October, I was beginning the Couch to 5k training because my then boyfriend signed me up for a Thanksgiving Day race. I was scared out my mind that I wouldn't be able to run straight through the race. During training, I was hitting 5k at around 45 minutes, and I finally got down to around 35 minutes....on race day I came in just over 30 minutes. Thanksgiving Day was the day my life changed. I realized I could be a runner. From there, I pushed to meet 30 minutes, and once getting in under 30 minutes, I aimed for speed. Since Thanksgiving I have done probably 10 races....the majority being mud obstacle runs, and I met my ultimate goal of running in a Tough Mudder. Little did I know how amazing our team had done because we ran in the top 5%, which qualified us for the World's Toughest Mudder (24 hours to complete an extreme version of a Tough Mudder course as many times as possible in freezing temps and water). Pending sponsorship is all that is holding me back for what I'd say is my own biggest personal challenge in fitness I will ever attempt.

Wow, what can happen in a year. What have you accomplished in the last year? Share your success!

Replies

• MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing accomplishment! You are doing great Cynthia! I always like reading about your latest adventures because you are always testing your limits and that is the kind of friends I like to have around!

The only things I can think of are:
    1) Today I am in the best shape of my life.
    2) My BF% went from average a year ago to the lower end of the athletic level.
    3) I am stronger. Adding weight lifting to my routine has made a big impact in this area.
    4) Pull up numbers!! I pretty much doubled them (i keep bringing this up because I am so damn proud of it!!) because today I can do about 10 front grip and 15 reverse grip pull ups.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing accomplishment! You are doing great Cynthia! I always like reading about your latest adventures because you are always testing your limits and that is the kind of friends I like to have around!

3) I am stronger. Adding weight lifting to my routine has made a big impact in this area.
    4) Pull up numbers!! I pretty much doubled them (i keep bringing this up because I am so damn proud of it!!) because today I can do about 10 front grip and 15 reverse grip pull ups.

That's because you are a BEAST! I can finally do one half *kitten* pull up. 10-15?!?!?! Jesus woman!
  • wiebec1
    Options
    Awesome Job!!! We ran the Tough Mudder this year and are registering for next year already! Running twice next year one to qualify for Toughest Mudder and a second time to just have fun!!

Again Congrats, and best of luck at the Toughest Mudder!!!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

That's because you are a BEAST! I can finally do one half *kitten* pull up. 10-15?!?!?! Jesus woman!

We all have our strengths. If I were to run with you, I bet I would be left so far behind that you would think something happened to me.
  • cynthiaj777
    Options
    Awesome Job!!! We ran the Tough Mudder this year and are registering for next year already! Running twice next year one to qualify for Toughest Mudder and a second time to just have fun!!

Where did you do TM???
  • cynthiaj777
    Options

We all have our strengths. If I were to run with you, I bet I would be left so far behind that you would think something happened to me.

LMAO. yeah right!
  • wiebec1
    Options

Where did you do TM???

I ran at the Tough Mudder Minnesota, it was awesome, it was hot on Sat and freezing when we ran on Sunday, about 50 and raining!
  • wiebec1
    Options
    Wanted to check in with you did you get to run in the Toughest Mudder?!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!