Disappointed

Options
So this is my 5th day on MFP and so far I have 19 friends and when I added those 19 ppl I thought they were going to help motivate me and only about 4 do. I mean is it to much to ask for a good job or wtg...I know some have a lot of friends and I probably get lost or some just don't like to post but I take my time to go through and comment on everyone. I guess I just need to delete those who don't help motivate me. I don't want to be he person on mfp with the most friends I just want the ones who are like me and need that help and motivation. Only my 5th day and have to start over just disappointing. Just wanting to vent thanks :smile:

Replies

• kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I have only been here a little over a week and have found some great supportive friends, but I have one in particular that seems to post a lot of stuff about herself and gets lots of support and encouragement but I have never seen a comment on my page from her. I will do a cull in a couple of weeks. Support is mutual, we are all here to help each other, it's give and take, not just take.
  • searolex
    Options
    Add me, I need support too. Mega negative vibes from my partner.
  • srhargraves
    Options
    You can also add me. I just joined 4 days ago and I only have one friend. I like you need the motivation. So we can help each other. Losing weight is hard to do so we need all the help we can get. :happy:
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Different time zones is a b!tch when it comes to motivating others, most of them are either asleep or have posted 4-6 hours ago. I try my best to reach out to everyone.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Just keep going, you find a nice little group eventually. :)
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I think the 'good job's and 'wtg's every day are a little insincere, so I forego those and try to be there when people need it most - when they're ready to give up or when they need help. Maybe some of your friends are the same?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    What happens when our friends lists get to around a hundred for example? No way you can be there for everyone. I think I'll set a lowish limit to how many I have.
  • heathermae1022
    Options
    Thanks everyone I really appreciate your comments makes me feel alittle bit better
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    feel free to add..I do say aww thats really good ! :) but timezones could be interesting, don't know where you're at x
  • Embooya
    Embooya Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    When the junk food and the sofa are screaming your name, fight back and refuse to lose !
  • willtry08
    willtry08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Don't be dissapointed, you'll find the right people! Add me if you like, I'm new too. Enjoy your Saturday :)
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have been on this website since January 5th. There are times I go through and delete people, if they haven't been on here for a long time or I don't remember them giving support, I delete them. I do try to give some leeway because of time zone differences.
    I usually have about 50-60 people. There are some people I communicate more regularly with, and then some I just comment on. Just like friendships outside of cyberworld, you have friends that are very good friends and then there are some you consider friends, but not necessarily close friends.
  • mrramsey
    Options
    Disappointment happens it is a part of life. It is how you react to it that will guarantee your success.

"Fall down 7 times - Get up 8"

Feel free to add if you like... or anyone for that matter.
  • katie070563
    Options
    I know what you mean about the value of support....you are welcome to add me too.
    Look forward to hearing from you
    best wishes
    Katie
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hiya:) Im on every day and would love to help motivate you and expect nothing but the same:) We can all use that lil bit of extra support. Add me add me....ANYONE:)
  • jiannette
    Options
    Don't be disappointed....there are tons of very supportive people on here....add me and I will be one of them!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I dont give out "wtg" or "good job". Like....ever. however, i kick major *kitten* when you lag and i check in if i havent heard from you. im not a handholder, ill drag you or push you though :)
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    well, you kind of have to "interview" folks. Maybe they don't have the same goals as you? Are you looking for weight loss cheers, fitness cheers, or both?

I'm one of those that will not resort to saying "nice burn" or "way to go" for a routine workout, or say you ate a nice meal. If you talk on your board or post an engaging status, I will talk back.

Those are things you have to decide when friending people. IMO
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I always look through diaries. I don't ALWAYS comment, but I try to.
    I could also use the added support.

I'm always open to new friends
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Well checking your diary some folks may hesitate to comment since you are burning tons of calories and eating under 1200 gross and likely like 500-600 net, so not so good. If you were my friend I would be sending you pm's to find out why you are running so low on calories, perhaps it is a short term goal or something? I like to know why folks are starving themselves. Many of us have been here awhile and believe in a sustainable approach to eating over the long term. Good luck and I am sure you can find plenty of like minded, just eat a bit folks, I know they are out there :flowerforyou: