Whole foods buffet

Options
I just had lunch there.. and i am trying to log the calories.. and the food i ate had the ingredients on it and it said to have contained canola oil.. my question is how much should i add? 1 tbsp is 126 calories!!!!.. i had roasted turkey and steamed veggies.. wat do u think?

Replies

• FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    I just had lunch there.. and i am trying to log the calories.. and the food i ate had the ingredients on it and it said to have contained canola oil.. my question is how much should i add? 1 tbsp is 126 calories!!!!.. i had roasted turkey and steamed veggies.. wat do u think?
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    That's a tough question! I guess I would at least 1 Tbsp unless it seemed really oily.
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think 1 tbsp is probably too much. What had the canloa oil?

I can make an entire stir fry (with 4 servings) with a tablespoon of oil... so for 1 serving, i would say it would only be 1/4 to 1/2 tbsp.

Maybe i'm not understanding what was cooked with the oil though....
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    Options
    it wasnt oily at all.. i only had like 2 slices of turkey and that was not oily at all!!! if anything was quite dry.. and had like a cup of veggies those were normal i guess... i mean i thik like 0.5 tbsp.. is tht too much underestimation on my part?
  • jill5677
    Options
    I actually don't think that would be an overestimation. I think 1/2 tbsp would be fine.

Maybe I'm basing this more on how I would cook, but I would never use a whole tablespoon unless it was for a few servings of veggies/food.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Probably not too much of an underestimation. And we're only talking about 100 calories here, not 1000!! So it's probably not going to blow your week if you're not right on. Jill5677 has a good point. Maybe even only .25 of a serving.
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    Options
    REally? well i will leave it at .5 (just in case) thanks for the replies..

BUT..

it got me thinking.. do most restaurants sautee their veggies of use canola oil in their grilling etc..?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    call whole foods and ask for the nutritional values on their prepaired foods.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just went to Whole Foods web site and they have all the receipes with nutritional value. Take a look under receipe and then turkey and see if you can find what you ate. The nutritional value is listed below.
    Hope this helps.
  • jill5677
    Options
    Yes, likely most restaurants grill their veggies in oil, also a lot put butter on them. I usually order without butter and if they say they can't, I get a salad.

Watch for "steamed" because that should mean not cooked in oil. :)