Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mandatory Lifestyle change = lost in diet

Ok, so I was following a structured lifestyle change regime, however I was recently diagnosed with Candida... I am not in favor for pill popping to cure things that could be cured naturally, so I decided to take the natural way and cure myself through proper eating. However, after a month, I have hit a plateau. I have not gained any of the weight I had lost during my cleansing period, however I haven't lost any weight at all in the month of September. I used to follow a very structured diet, allowing me to eat 3 portions of protein, 2 portions of starch, 3 fruits, 4 vegetables, 2 fats, 1 free exchange of 100 Calories. I feel a whole lot better, except that I need to start losing weight again!! Any suggestions/tips on what i could do?? I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Replies

• drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Change up your routine. You body has gotten used to what you were doing so you need to change things. Look at how many calories you are eating, look at your BMR and TDEE and go from there. Search in the forums for road map 2 and read that post. There is a ton of great information to help make sure you are eating the right amount for your body. I dont know if you are working out, but you might want to add some cardio and strength training if you are not to give your body a boost. I would also suggest taking your measurements and focusing on that more than the weight. My weight has basically been the same for 6 weeks; however, I have lost over 9 inches.
  • Thanks I'll look up the post!! I actually live a slightly active lifestyle, I swim 2-3 times a week in a Masters Club, I teach Aqua-Natal classes, take a martial fusion class, do some yoga and use the gym regularly for strenght purposes. I was with a diet centre and they used to measure me and stuff, except that i haven't gone since I got diagnosed as i cannot follow their outline.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Change up your routine. You body has gotten used to what you were doing so you need to change things. Look at how many calories you are eating, look at your BMR and TDEE and go from there. Search in the forums for road map 2 and read that post. There is a ton of great information to help make sure you are eating the right amount for your body. I dont know if you are working out, but you might want to add some cardio and strength training if you are not to give your body a boost. I would also suggest taking your measurements and focusing on that more than the weight. My weight has basically been the same for 6 weeks; however, I have lost over 9 inches.

Exactly that, I was at a (roughly) 6 week plateau that recently broke but it seems like my bodyfat was shifting, there were notable changes in my measurements.
    Something that seemed to help was a day where I unintentionally ended up fasting for about a day & 1/2 - I was caught up and didn't have time for much more than some yogurt, almonds and water - I figured once I got back to my regular eating habits that weight would cascade right back - but so far so good
    Best of luck to you! Stay healthy!
  • Wow, if I look at my BMR & TDEE, I am setting myself up for failure at trying to keep it around 1200 Calories/Day!! I've never had to count calories before as I would simply follow what i needed to eat.