Favorite sweet potato toppings?

Options

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    cut up sweet potato and tart apples, put in pan (spray with butter flavored oil) sprinkle with brown sugar and oats (or drizzle with maple syrup), cinnamon, nutmeg, crushed nuts (pecan or walnuts). bake at 350 till soft (about 30-45 min)...nom, nom, nom!
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Bumping. Thank you for this post!!!
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    On sweet potato fried, just a little chili powder. On baked? Brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. My friend has a great recipe for parmesan crusted sweet potato wedges that's out of this world though.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    ANOTHER SWEET POTATO
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    O natural / plain
  • escile6
    escile6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fat free mayo mixed with maple syrup...mix it real good and drizzle it on!!
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I like to drizzle on a little bit of Smuckers sugar free syrup. Smucker's variety to me tastes much better than others I've tried, and it's super low in calories.

I have some unsweetened coconut (found at a health food store) that I think would be lovely on a sweet potato with some slivered almonds.

There are some really great ideas in this thread - thanks!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Check these beauties out. Cumin and Cayenne pepper roasted and they are DELICIOUS!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=360532054021376&set=a.287480197993229.67740.282449018496347&type=1&theater
  • Fitby31
    Fitby31 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    cut up sweet potato and tart apples, put in pan (spray with butter flavored oil) sprinkle with brown sugar and oats (or drizzle with maple syrup), cinnamon, nutmeg, crushed nuts (pecan or walnuts). bake at 350 till soft (about 30-45 min)...nom, nom, nom!

OMG I'm so having this for breakfast next week with a side of ham or bacon..well without the oats / sugar
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    bump! I am so having a sweet potato tonight!
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    pumpkin pie spice (which has all the yummy spices mixed that I like to use), maybe a little tony cachere's if you want a little spice, and/or almond or peanut butter (sounds weird but it so so yummy).
  • Tnia
    Tnia Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    vanilla bean ice cream and whipped cream
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I put a dab of light blue bonnet margarine and a sprinkle of splenda brown sugar blend. YUM!
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Black beans with salsa and avocado

This sounds epic!!!
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Butter or bacon fat! Both are good healthy saturated fats which have been demonized! Sat fat is good for you, the brain/body cells need it!
  • styleaboverubies
    Options
    Butter, cinnamon & a pinch if sugar
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Tiny bit of butter and sea salt is all I need. Yummmm
  • SHERRYLLAC
    SHERRYLLAC Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love some I can't believe it's not butter spray and cinnamon, apple pie spice is also yummy! :-)
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love sweet Potatoes. I usually struggle to meet my protein goals though so recently a favorite lunch has been a sweet potato, baked or microwaved, topped with 1/2 C lowfat cottage cheese(I hate the texture so I puree it in my food processor) and pumpkin pie spice and a teensy drizzle of local honey( supposed to help allergies) I put it all back in the micro after I add the toppings, about 45 seconds so everything is hot. It's sooo good.
    I also like to top baked sweet potates with no sugar added applesauce and cinnamon.
  • kaymay1210
    Options
    You are the first person I have ever seen that eats it that way too!