Just when you think you're doing wrong....

Options
.....it turns out, you just may be doing it right!

I started MFP last year in November. I by no means started and was immediately on the wagon and full steam ahead. I would track, I would eat crap, I would work out, I would drink, then I'd lose a pound, then I'd lose 3 pounds, then I'd be so excited about my 4 pounds that I would slack off....I thought I would never make it even close to my goal. I see to date that I have lost 18 pounds in the past year. I'm not quite to my goal, but until I logged it this morning I didn't even realize where I started or that I have lost that much. I then immediately went to my phone to look at pictures and sure enough....you can tell! I am at a point now where I log 90%. Some items that I have no clue what the calories are I guess and others I just don't log. After a year of this I know make amazingly better choices and I am so much more conscientious of what I eat or drink.

So for anyone taking a while to find your groove or find the way the site works best for you...don't sweat it. You will succeed and you will fail....and then you'll succeed a little more. Just find the route that works best for you. If it takes you a little longer than some of the stories you read or people you're friends with, that's ok. They just took a different route than you. Good luck to everyone and know that slow and steady, or slow and not so steady will still get the race done!!! :happy:

Replies

• ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Well done, I am glad you found ur groooooove! :D:smile:
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you visit the Food Truck Park more often you'll have better success :wink:

Very proud of you!! It really is finding a balance & what works for YOU :drinker:
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you visit the Food Truck Park more often you'll have better success :wink:

Very proud of you!! It really is finding a balance & what works for YOU :drinker:

Lmao!!! I somehow feel that going to the food truck park I would put my 18 pounds back on.....very quickly!!! So much deliciousness in one spot!
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Your doing it wright when you are losing and feeling good. I am glad you found your groove. :smile: