need some motivation and guidance

Options
So since March 2012 I've lost 50 pounds. I've increased cardio intensity and added weight training..I've also watched my intake. But during the month of September I only lost one pound. I'm confused. So do I just work my way through this hump???...any strategies?? I would like to lose 30 more pounds by the end of the year. I'm just bummed I lost a whole month....help please.

Replies

• amy6755
    Options
    Remember when weight training you are going to be gaining muscle so you may not loose weight, but you could be loosing inches. Are you measuring yourself? Also, I have found that if I change my diet that helps. Bodies react to change. I hope this helps, and awesome job on your weight loss!!
  • LiveLoveLaughGiggle
    Options
    From what I understand from other posts on MFP, your body slows the weight loss process when you start getting closer to your natural weight. I am sure someone else will chime in and give you the accurate specifics. I am sure you are doing well and nothing is wrong. Just stick to the program. :)
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Thats great 50 pounds gone since March! Way to go.

Maybe it's just a plateau...lots of people hit them. When you say you watch intake...what does that mean? Have you been counting claories, weighing or measuring everything or just kind of cutting back portions? Obviously whatever you were doing worked very well for a while but to help you plan for the last part we need to know more about what you have tried.

Can you tell us your age, height, weight, goals and exercise routine info?
  • tcharley1
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Up to this point I'm feeling great. I'm 37 started at 280 pounds and am currently about 228. So I figure its a plateau...which is the first I've had since I've started. I would like to get down to 190 by next March 2012. My goal by December 2012 was to get down to 200.

Yes weight training is new in my routine. My measurements have changed so I'm crossing my fingers I see some weight loss again in October 2012.

I've been obese all of my adult life. So this is the first success I've ever had. I feel like a new person so far. Thanks to myfitnesspal.com

Thanks for any advice you may have.