Started to not eat exercise calories, now I have no energy

Options
2»

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    After a couple of weeks of not eating back exercise calories, I find that I have a limited amount of energy for my morning workout routine. Any thoughts? My food choices are limited here in a "field environment", but I am choosing more of the good and less of the bad. I can't get on a scale to see if it is having any effect. Suggestions?

do what was working when you HAD ENERGY. Problem solved.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    After a couple of weeks of not eating back exercise calories, I find that I have a limited amount of energy for my morning workout routine. Any thoughts? My food choices are limited here in a "field environment", but I am choosing more of the good and less of the bad. I can't get on a scale to see if it is having any effect. Suggestions?

Unless you're exercising like a demon, or eating an incredibly small amount of food, it[s probably psychological. Maybe you need to eat more protein in the morning. I don't really know how you can keep track without a scale, and I assume you're not taking your measurements.
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to eat back your exercise calories (or at least half of them). I found this out for myself a few months ago. Before joining MFP I was counting calories and keeping it to around 1100 or so. I was also working out 5x a week with a pretty intensive workout. I was extremely frustrated that I didn't lose a single pound.

Once I joined MFP and started learning about nutrition, BMRs, TDEEs, etc...and basically became better informed about how my body worked, starting wearing a HRM during my workout, and eating back my exercise calories, the weight has been coming off just as it should: at about a pound a week.

Before, I was tired, hungry, and cranky, but I thought that's how I'm supposed to feel on a diet! People can say what they will about believing in starvation mode, but looking back, I was only eating 600 net calories a day. For myself, I truly believe my body was holding onto every single fat cell just to survive. Now I'm not tired or hungry and I feel much stronger and fit.

Try it for a while and see how you feel! Good luck!!
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I started out not eating my exercise calories too but it catches up fast. So I started eating them back and still lost a lot of weight but I also had much more intense workouts, go a lot stronger a lot faster and now I just can't seem to eat enough some days to fuel the workouts that I am doing now.

Keep working and eat more. It won't kill you.