Will you log forever?

Options

Replies

• missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I've already had days where I didn't log everything and those are the days I mess up! I'll be here!

Running EC challenges till your 80! :bigsmile:
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Logging for life sounds like jail.

I don't want to live every day counting my calories, after all this is just an estimate...the calculators...the calories. They can be off by 10-100 calories each day (You could burn 100 more than they say you did or you could eat 5-10 more calories than you guessed)

I just don't want the stress; but I will stay mindful to portions for life, and I will try to stay active for life. I will also try to drink a lot of water daily...for life. I will weigh myself now and then, for life....so I make sure I am staying on track. But, counting for life? No thanks. Once I get everything in line and stop emotional eating; I will slowly let go of calorie counting.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I will log as long as I need to get to my goal weight and stay there for a good long time. I well over a year.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    It's definitely starting to become a habit.
  • sheribrasington
    Options
    I have thought the same thing but I feel like I owe logging to myself. This is one thing I can do for me and for my family, to get healthy and stay healthy. MFP has helped me a lot recognize I was a night bindge eater and it has helped me to learn to find something else to do (like go to bed) and not go for the frig. I have also met some pretty amazing people on here and have read some great stories. I think I am here to stay.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    hoping to learn to monitor without it but if need be I am prepared for forever

^^^ this. I don't know if I'd trust myself enough to stop logging
  • ieishab
    ieishab Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am learning as I log so that eventually I dont have to....Im sure I will get to this point!
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    I don't necessarily "want" to do it for the rest of my life, but I see the impact it has made in 6 months...I don't want to do what I've always done and lose the weight to put it back on. Even after a 6 week *brutal* plateau, I steadily logged. Now, I'm rewarded by being under 190 pounds-something I haven't been for about 15 years. I like it, so if it means that I have to log until the last breath I take, then darn it, I'll do it!
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I will always log, don't want the weight to creep back up once I get to goal!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I really haven't thought about if I would log everyday or not. I think I may need to, though. It really keeps me accountable to myself.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't foresee a time when I might stop, but I haven't reached my goals yet. I may come to a point that I feel confident enough in myself to manage without logging, but only time will tell.
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I will log for the rest of my life I think. I have become addicted. Not sure if this is good or bad. I figure I will keep doing it because it will help keep me on track and I will be less likely to slip up.
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm thinking I'll need to for a while after I reach my goal weight, BUT if I can do it without logging I will, I just don't have the time!
  • Nurturegirl
    Nurturegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like logging!. Also it gives me something positive to do in the evening and keeps me away from temptation. I'm a long way off goal, but so long as MFP is free, I'll probably be on here for many years to come.
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I hope I can eventually reach a point where I don't need to log anymore; however, at this stage in the game, it is just too crucial to me. If I don't log and keep track, it's harder for me to remain accountable for what I'm ingesting. It's a lot easier to slip up and makes excuses. I stopped tracking a while back ago and that's when I started messing up. Now I'm back to tracking, and I'm starting to have some success again. For me, it's essential.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

I don't want to live every day counting my calories, after all this is just an estimate...the calculators...the calories. They can be off by 10-100 calories each day (You could burn 100 more than they say you did or you could eat 5-10 more calories than you guessed)

I just don't want the stress; but I will stay mindful to portions for life, and I will try to stay active for life. I will also try to drink a lot of water daily...for life. I will weigh myself now and then, for life....so I make sure I am staying on track. But, counting for life? No thanks. Once I get everything in line and stop emotional eating; I will slowly let go of calorie counting.

This is what I want to do with my life. Get on track... and know what I'm doing.
  • shamah84
    shamah84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I will! Definitely. I love knowing. I love knowing how many calories I have eaten and how many I need to burn regardless if it's for maintaining the weight off or losing. I'm putting so much into this and it's taking so long which is okay but I would not risk getting back to where I was for nothing in the world. It only takes a few seconds to log in and be done with it to quit. I love it. I also love hearing my MFP friends talk about how much they love working out and losing weight and all the great things that come with being healthier :D
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I plan to log forever. I am fully aware of how easy it is to go off track. If I stop logging I will eventually stop thinking about the food I am eating and then I will be back where I was when I started this journey. If I never have to lose weight again, I will be a happy logger! =)
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I feel like this is the only way I am accountable for what I eat. I may have to be on here forever, no problem I enjoy it.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options

This is what I want to do with my life. Get on track... and know what I'm doing.

Yeah. =) Someday I want to be able to trust myself. Trust my body... I don't need numbers going through my head all day!