Returning after 5 months, taking a new approach

Options
I started using MFP earlier this year, but dropped off after a short time due to frustration and lack of motivation. I'm back, though, and so far I'm still feeling pretty good! I was too hard on myself before, and I mentally beat myself up until I just gave up. Anyone else here done that over and over through the years? I feel ya. But now, I look at my two year old son and I realize that I have to stop this cycle. I have to figure out how to love myself enough to change, because if he ends up struggling with his weight like I have my entire life - I'll never forgive myself!

For now, I'm trying to focus on keeping my calories under my daily goal and being more active at every opportunity. I still stumble sometimes and cave to foods I should avoid at all costs, but I think there's something to be learned there. I've accepted that this will not be a flawless journey, but I also don't allow that acceptance to bully me into surrender. I can't give up just because I ate something I shouldn't! Sure, I ate a s'more after dinner and totally shouldn't have, but rather than be angry with myself I praised the fact that I still managed to stay under my calorie goal for the day (thank you, 60 minutes on the exercise bike!).

I have a long journey ahead of me, and I sure could use some friends this time around. Anyone else who's looking to lose a large amount of weight (90 pounds for me) and/or who's been struggling with self-hate over their body image - I'm in the ring with you now, too, and I'd love to offer you support! Goodness knows I could certainly use yours, too!