Ideas to replace raw veggies anyone?

Options
Hey all,

I really need to up my veggie intake, especially for my lunch. The problem with me is I really do not like raw veggies that much. I LOVE steamed veggies but for some reason eating any veggie raw is really hard for me. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make eating raw veggies a little more pleasing or even have any substitute ideas of what I can do to fill my veggie need?

THANKS!!

Replies

• bluedevil005
    bluedevil005 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't like raw veggies either. I go home for lunch, so I sautee zucchini ribbons (made using a peeler). It doesn't take much time and it's filling. I reheat leftover oven roasted veggies too.
  • Silly_Sara
    Silly_Sara Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love raw veggies with hummus, especially carrots and bell peppers. Also, broccoli, peas, and cucumbers with yogurt dipping sauce from Safeway.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Eat them steamed? Most vegetables are going to be a tradeoff - there are more nutrients in uncooked ones, but the nutrients are more available in cooked ones, so if you're steaming lightly (3-5 minutes), it's a wash. Cooked carrots are better for you than raw ones, and raw broccoli is better than cooked, so choke down the occasional raw broccoli stalk and don't worry about the rest.

If you are on a raw food kick and really feel you need to get them uncooked, invest in a good blender - then you can just chug them down, no problem.
  • LKG31
    LKG31 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I dip peppers, cucumbers, carrots, etc. in hummus. It's only 50cal for 2TBSP (Athenos, most flavors) and it definitely spices up the raw veggies! I also stir-fry veggies in olive oil and seasonings the night before and bring them to work to heat up.