To everyone who has lost 100+lbs

Options
Davisc28
Davisc28 Posts: 52 Member
I am 336 now and Ive never been thin. I think as every age I was over weight. How does it feel to be thinner after you've carried around all the weight? Do you literally feel lighter? or the same? I know weird questions, just thought I'd ask. In the past Ive been fearful of being thin... Like its unchartered territory. anywho thanks for your responses ;)

Replies

• KaraCardoza
    Options
    Not untill recently have I noticed the little stuff but I do infact feel lighter. it's easier for me to bounce around and play with my kids. i help teach a dance class and just in the past few months I noticed a big diffrence but more then anything my mind is what gets me. I ave more confidence. i still have 50 to 60 pounds to go still and Im struggling with always seeing the "big girl" in my mirrior but there really is a diffrence in the way it feels. Keep up the good work and you will be there before you know it :)
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I am 336 now and Ive never been thin. I think as every age I was over weight. How does it feel to be thinner after you've carried around all the weight? Do you literally feel lighter? or the same? I know weird questions, just thought I'd ask. In the past Ive been fearful of being thin... Like its unchartered territory. anywho thanks for your responses ;)

I started my journey at 335 my highest and am hovering around 285-290 for months now..Grrr...but yes feeling lighter is nice and less achy. Nice too. Good luck to you on your journey! it's a struggle and there are things that get in the way...you know that thing called life :ohwell: But you just grab that bull by the horns and keep going. Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • ginib
    ginib Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I absolutely feel lighter! And I notice it every time I walk up the stairs or get down on the floor to play with my grandkids. What's even better is when you pick up something and realize you used to be carrying that around all the time on your body! I know I couldn't possibly carry 107 lbs very long and I'm not a weakling, but I used to carry that every day.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    It takes a while for the brain to recognise that your body shape is different - well, it did for me.

It's only been the past couple of months where I've really 'felt' slimmer - I started at 375 and I'm currently 259.

I think we tend to hide behind our weight, and at times I know I have been fearful of being 'thin', but it's so nice now to just be ignored as I walk around - my daughter actually said that she hated it when people used to look at me because of my size and appearance, whereas now, although I still have a long way to go, my appearance obviously isn't as distracting as it used to be and I don't get a second glance.

As for feeling lighter - I hadn't really noticed a difference until my 13 year old grandson jumped on me for a piggyback a few weeks ago - he weighs roughly the same amount that I've lost, and then oh boy did I notice it!! I cannot believe that I have lost that amount, nor can I believe that I used to carry it around on a daily basis!

Please don't be afraid of being thinner, it can only be better for you!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am not quite to 100 yet, but very close. And I started at 338 pounds, so I was very close to where you are. I still cannot see the difference when I look in the mirror, but I FEEL it every day. I feel lighter, yes. And I notice small things, like how I fit easily into chairs that I used to not. And how easy it is to tie my shoes, or go up a flight of stairs and still be able to breathe at the top. Things that I used to dread doing because it involved a lot of walking (like going to a mall, concert, etc.), I now look forward to. It has made a huge difference for me. I still have a ways to go obviously, but sometimes I FEEL skinny!! Haha
  • amann_84
    amann_84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've lost 171 pounds and I feel just all around better, lighter, faster, stronger, and I have a lot more energy than before!!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I've lost 171 pounds and I feel just all around better, lighter, faster, stronger, and I have a lot more energy than before!!

Congrats, that is fantastic!!
  • aehealey
    Options
    Almost everything is easier. But I don't see that much of a difference in the mirror which is a huge dampener on success. Take pictures! I have to look at before/current pictures before I realize how much I really have lost. I started this journey barely able to jog for 10 seconds, that literally was the longest I could go, and now I can run 10 MILES. I have always been overweight and this is the thinnest I've been, even since highschool. I wish you the best of luck.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    The feeling is amazing. Lighter, faster, stronger, flexible...just amazing. You keep at it, I'm cheering for you.
  • karabff
    karabff Posts: 98
    Options
    Not untill recently have I noticed the little stuff but I do infact feel lighter. it's easier for me to bounce around and play with my kids. i help teach a dance class and just in the past few months I noticed a big diffrence but more then anything my mind is what gets me. I ave more confidence. i still have 50 to 60 pounds to go still and Im struggling with always seeing the "big girl" in my mirrior but there really is a diffrence in the way it feels. Keep up the good work and you will be there before you know it :)
  • karabff
    karabff Posts: 98
    Options
    That is my bff who posted that quote to you...I probably did not post this right but I am old an learning the computer-but what I can tell you is I see the amazing transformation she has gone thru-1st off her health has improved 100% an as she said she is more confident with herself-see here is the thing she was so beautiful even with those extra 100 pds-but she is just now starting to see what I have seen all along-she now shops for jewlery-make-up-we even went an tried on dresses yesterday-that was a first! And she has inspired so many ppl to just do it (me being her #1 fan has joined in on the fitness bagwagon-so just know-it isn't always easy but it is always worth it!!!!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you, I mean this in the best possible way, losers!!:drinker: Every time you share your success stories you push me to work just a little bit harder!

OP! I've only lost 33 lbs but it already makes it easier to walk, exercise...the list goes on! Every little bit of weight loss makes things better! It won't be long before you feel more energetic and want to move more! Good luck to you!
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I was 305lbs at my heaviest. I am 227lbs right now. I work a physically demanding job. Lots of lifting, carrying, bending ect....
    One of the first things I noticed when I started losing was that it was easier to bend and pick stuff up. I carry alot of weight in my abdomen so as that got smaller it just got easier to move.
    I have also been overweight my entire life. My parents put me on a diet at age 5.
  • Davisc28
    Davisc28 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow I appreciate everyones answers! I cant wait to join the '100 club'! Thanks again for the support ;)
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I've lost 134.5 and am at goal weight. Though it does take some time for your brain to catch up, I absolutely feel lighter. Everything I do is easier, and I have a lot more energy. There are literally hundreds of ways my life is more enjoyable, from shopping to flying to simply feeling more in charge of my choices. My feet don't hurt after a day of walking, I'm more comfortable in the summer heat (probably because I'm more comfortable wearing less clothing). I ran my longest distance yet on Monday, 10 miles, and it felt incredible. I could go on and on :)

Keep it up - don't let the fear of the unknown get in the way. It's not scary here, promise. You can do it!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Wow I appreciate everyones answers! I cant wait to join the '100 club'! Thanks again for the support ;)

Me too!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!