Going in vacation soon, no gym

zeala
zeala Posts: 119 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I live in NY, with the chilly weather and am going with hubby on a vacation soon to warmer Florida. I'm a little worried about getting off track. Hubby and I like different foods and being in a new place it's always fun to try restaurants.
Plus I won't be really exercising, because there is no gym at the hotel.
Other than reminding myself about portion control ( which for me is extremely hard to control once in a restaurant), is there anything else I can do? Do you guys think that maybe the warm weather will help me eat less, since it will feel like summer?

Replies

• TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    don't use "there's no gym" as a crutch. There are plenty of other ways to get exercise without a gym. take time and maybe map out and go for a run. if you guys are going some place think about walking rather than hopping in the car or getting a taxi (it'll also save you money). do activities that are going to be able to substitute for working out. go for a swim, i'm sure they have a pool or hop in the ocean. all in all there are plenty of ways to make up for not having a gym.
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Walk anywhere thats 45 minutes or less away.
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Take the stairs instead of the elevator? swim in the pool if there is one, and like everyone said...walk lots.....walking is great! Just cause there is no gym, doesnt mean you cannot be active!
This discussion has been closed.