Good workout for re-motivating

Options
Hello All-

I have fallen off the wagon and have not been to the gym in 3 weeks :( I usually do classes (i.e. Spin & Body Pump) but I feel a 50 minute spin class may be too much for my first day back at the gym.

Does anyone have a good gym workout that makes them feel better without being too over-ambitious?

Thanks all!

Replies

• TjDee
    TjDee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello All-

I have fallen off the wagon and have not been to the gym in 3 weeks :( I usually do classes (i.e. Spin & Body Pump) but I feel a 50 minute spin class may be too much for my first day back at the gym.

Does anyone have a good gym workout that makes them feel better without being too over-ambitious?

Thanks all!

I work out at home and do Les Mills Pump in home program, which I love. I see you are doing that at the gym too. What about a different type of class. Try something you've never done to get you motivated. You could also try some home workouts so when you don't get to the gym you can still fit a workout in. If you are a fan of Les Mills, they are releasing a pretty cool workout program called combat. You could try something like that too. I always mix it up or I get bored.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    procrastinating getting in any kind of workout by posting about whether or not you can workout instead of trying to do the workout. :drinker:
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Spend 30 mins on the elliptical or treadmill. Work up a nice sweat and burn some fat! That should at the very least, get you back into getting your heartrate up. Not to be mean, but if you need people on a forum to get you to go to the gym, I think you need to look elsewhere for reasons you aren't going to the gym.
  • KariShoe
    KariShoe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good points made by all - but I really wasn't looking for people to motivate me to go to the gym - but looking for suggestions on workouts that ease myself back gym. I already know where my issues lie in looking for the motivations. So thanks to all who gave "workout" advice - I was at work so obviously couldn't work out from my desk and was just looking for ideas for good "back to basics" workouts. Not trying to procrastinate. :bigsmile: