extreme weakness after exercise?

Options
mjj79
mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
Anyone else have a problem like this? It doesn't seem to matter how much or what I've eaten prior to exercising but i always feel "gonna pass out" weak and whimpy. As i said it doesn't matter if i ate lots of protein and good carbs or if i had "junk" before. Is this normal?

Replies

• ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    I've been told I've got an unusually strong "vagus nerve reaction" that, especially when I'm in great shape, can give me that "stood up too fast, gonna pass out" feeling more often than most folks (like enough to freak out my mom and send me to the doctor in college). But I don't notice it actually being correlated with the end of my workouts, and I was told it's not that common. I did have to go to three doctors to find out why I kept almost passing out whenever I stood up. Turns out it's just something to live with, and other than the occasional falling down when I really do stand up too fast and pass out, there's not much harm in it. I'd be reluctant to assure you it could be this, for fear it might be something else that needs attention.

Are you dehydrated? How soon before working out do you eat? How much? There's a lot of perfectly normal things that can cause this, but it doesn't sound like the usual experience one should have after working out. Once in a while, if you're dehydrated or too hot or haven't eaten, maybe. But there's a difference between just-worked-out-too-hard tired and gonna-pass-out feeling.

If it's not something obvious (too hot, dehydration, ate too much, ate too little, pushed too hard), it might be worth at least talking to an experienced trainer if not a full fledged doctor?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercises are you doing? If you feel weak and tired after cardio then I'd say it's fairly common. Eat or drink something afterward, it helps immensely.
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Chalean extreme. Some days cardio some days weights. It takes me about an hour to recover. I do usually eat some protein in that hour. Not dehydrated. Usually eat about 30 min. To an hour before exercising.

Thank you both for your thoughts/ help!