May sound like a dumb question, gotta ask anyway.

Options
2»

Replies

• tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    A blender could become your new best friend and maybe create your own soups. Since it is easier to eat solids in the middle of the day I would leave them there.Find what works for you to get all your nutrients and your calories, I don't see anything wrong with drinking your calories. This has to be something that YOU can live with.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm an ER vet tech too! It can be really physical. I'd pick moderate for your activity level on here
  • toberdawg
    Options
    Who cares?

Assuming your activity is right, is your metabolism suppressed?(burn less calories), is your BMR accurate?(remember it's just an estimate). Are you accurately tracking calories burned?(once a gain estimates)

Eat at a number, are you losing weight? if so stick to it, if not change it. Keep it simple.

I was trying to keep it simple. Then people thought a different thread of mine was a "cry for help" so I started thinking more and analyzing what I should be eating.

And, when an anxious person analyzes . . . .
  • toberdawg
    Options
    I'm an ER vet tech too! It can be really physical. I'd pick moderate for your activity level on here

I just realized I could have saved all of this bs, if I had just asked my coworkers!

Yay for the VT's!
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I agree with another poster.... if liquids are better for digestion... make soups, juice veggies and fruits, use protein shakes... anything to keep the food down and be healthy.... that is the goal! :bigsmile:
  • toberdawg
    Options
    Since my whole strech not eating a lot, I find that I do not crave the heavy food with gravy or fried things as much. Thats probobally why I am having a hard time keeping my calories up. I cant eat at the times or as frequently as other people. And, without eating as much junk as I used to, I cant keep my calories as high.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Soups will help get your cals up...I looked at your diary and there was one day that you only ate just over 400 cals...that's a worry :frown:

Hope you can find a definite answer...but I'd go with the poster who said to try soups if solids are giving you trouble :smile:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm also an overnight ER vet tech. I chose "Lightly Active" if that answers your question.

I no longer follow MFP's goals though.