Pushing 40 & pushing myself to change! Yay!

Options

Replies

• CGreen177
    CGreen177 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I started on here just before my 39th and have lost all (and a bit more) weight than I wanted to, have actual muscles in my arms (!) and my current goal is to sort my butt and thighs in the next 6 months (before the birthday of which I dare not speak in April ...) - and then keep up this level of health and fitness well into my 50s and beyond! I've never felt better about my body than I do now :) Good luck to you !
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in July and I have never felt better in my life!

I would love some Fabulous and Forty (or soon to be forty) Friends!

I would friend ya but, the cap has got to go! lol kidding
  • tangopapa422
    tangopapa422 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Haha! I'm a Skins fan...but I LOVE that she loves her team! :smile:
  • valleydad
    valleydad Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 in March. I have mostly positive feelings -- I have a happy family and my health is improving daily! I'm getting to be in better shape than I was at 30 so who cares about age.
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm part of the forty and soon to be fab club! We so got this!! Feel free to add me too...I would love any extra support, aka kick in the *kitten* that I need from anyone on here :)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 40 in April, too, and that's why I am here as well. Sent you an add request. I'd love to add anyone else around else who is around my age and working on new fitness goals.
  • tangopapa422
    Options
    I'm turning 40 in April, too, and that's why I am here as well. Sent you an add request. I'd love to add anyone else around else who is around my age and working on new fitness goals.

Aren't April babies the best! :) We'll get there, girl. I'm excited to see the "me" that I'll be in 6 months!
  • tangopapa422
    Options
    Hey, I'm part of the forty and soon to be fab club! We so got this!! Feel free to add me too...I would love any extra support, aka kick in the *kitten* that I need from anyone on here :)

Added! And we definitely got this!
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    40 in may.... gah!!
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Oh SNAP! :noway:
    haha!
  • tangopapa422
    Options
    40 in may.... gah!!

I'm a month older if that makes you feel any better! :smile:
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm turning in January!! I've been here for a year and half and feel better now than I did at 20!!!
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    40 in may.... gah!!

I'm a month older if that makes you feel any better! :smile:

much better, thankyou :wink:
  • calimoma
    Options
    I just turned 40 last month...ugh!! i told myself that i was going to be a hot 40's mom, and lose the weight and get into shape...but im struggling. I know what i need to do, but find myself NOT doing it!! Why is it so hard to do the right thing and so easy to do the wrong? Thanks for your post! I would like to add you!! Heres to getting myself in the same mindset you are!! We can do this!!
  • tangopapa422
    Options
    I just turned 40 last month...ugh!! i told myself that i was going to be a hot 40's mom, and lose the weight and get into shape...but im struggling. I know what i need to do, but find myself NOT doing it!! Why is it so hard to do the right thing and so easy to do the wrong? Thanks for your post! I would like to add you!! Heres to getting myself in the same mindset you are!! We can do this!!

I told myself I was going to be a hot mom in my 30's. And I was. Then I wasn't. Then I was again. You get the picture. No more of that. I could always "lose weight"...whenever I wanted. I'm determined like that. The problem was keeping it off. Then, the light came on. DING. I have to do this for the rest of my life to be happy. Period. As miserable as I "think" the exercising and calorie counting is, it doesn't compare to the misery of not liking what I see in the mirror.
  • tangopapa422
    Options
    I'm turning in January!! I've been here for a year and half and feel better now than I did at 20!!!

I want to post these exact words!! And I will! :)
  • calimoma
    Options
    ]

I told myself I was going to be a hot mom in my 30's. And I was. Then I wasn't. Then I was again. You get the picture. No more of that. I could always "lose weight"...whenever I wanted. I'm determined like that. The problem was keeping it off. Then, the light came on. DING. I have to do this for the rest of my life to be happy. Period. As miserable as I "think" the exercising and calorie counting is, it doesn't compare to the misery of not liking what I see in the mirror.
    [/quote]

OMG so true! I hate looking in the mirror or having my picture taken...all i see is fat, fat, fat!!! Im totally excercising tonight!!
  • Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 next April....I had been trying to lose the same 24lbs for years (including pregnancy weight). I've lost the baby weight and I'm slimmer then before I was pregnant. I'm lifting heavier weights and doing HIIT 4_5 per week. The scale hasn't budged for months but I'm not concerned, it's never a true reflection of the effort I'm putting in..I'm losing inches and gaining more muscle, that's all Im aiming for...age ain't nothing but a number (I feel a song coming on :-)
  • tangopapa422
    Options
    ]

OMG so true! I hate looking in the mirror or having my picture taken...all i see is fat, fat, fat!!! Im totally excercising tonight!!
    [/quote]

Do it girl!! You'll feel better!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! I feel the same way. I am pushing 50, and decided its time to lose the weight for good this time...make a true lifestyle change. I have found MFP very helpful! Feel free to add me as a friend:) Wishing you great success!