7 pounds within a week

Options
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I came back from our honeymoon and we had the time of our lives. I am back into reality and I checked my weight this morning and I gained a whooping 7 pounds. Is this possible ? I was careful with my eating habits since it was an all inclusive resort but I think all of the vodka/soda/cranberry did the trick for my weight gain.

I am just so depressed and I don't know where to start from.

How is this possible ? How can I gain 7 pounds in a week...

I really hate this.

I was 140 and now I am 147 pounds. I have been trying to be 125 - 130 last 2 years. Please help. What do I do ??

Thank you for listening...

0xx0

Replies

• Sabs_21
    Sabs_21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! It was your honeymoon! You're supposed to enjoy it and I hope you did and had a wonderful time. Now that you're home and back to your usual routine I'm sure it'll drop off in no time!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My husband and I came back from our honeymoon and we had the time of our lives. I am back into reality and I checked my weight this morning and I gained a whooping 7 pounds. Is this possible ? I was careful with my eating habits since it was an all inclusive resort but I think all of the vodka/soda/cranberry did the trick for my weight gain.

I am just so depressed and I don't know where to start from.

How is this possible ? How can I gain 7 pounds in a week...

I really hate this.

I was 140 and now I am 147 pounds. I have been trying to be 125 - 130 last 2 years. Please help. What do I do ??

Thank you for listening...

0xx0

What do you do... you start! And it looks like you all ready have! Don't let yourself be discouraged, it was your honeymoon for goodness sake! Some of it may be just water retention (did you drink enough water on this trip)! Just admonish to start now... you can do this! We are all here to help and support you!
  • tarynlennon
    Options
    I would not give it a second thought. After flying your body retains water. Rememebr a lb equals 3000 calories, and it would be impossible to eat an extra 22,000 calories in one week.

Add some fresh lemon to your water and drink a glass in the morning and before you go to bed and that should help, it does for me!

No worries!!!
  • tarynlennon
    Options
    I would not give it a second thought. After flying your body retains water. Rememebr a lb equals 3000 calories, and it would be impossible to eat an extra 22,000 calories in one week.

Add some fresh lemon to your water and drink a glass in the morning and before you go to bed and that should help, it does for me!

No worries!!!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options

No worries!!!
    Wow, that should be a great relief.
    Just shed that water weight and get back to business.:flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I agree about the water weight.... A lot of times if you have extra sodium and/or eat things that your body isn't used to, you can gain a lot of water weight and it is gone in just a couple days... I'm sure that you didnt' gain 7lbs of fat in a week!
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    First off: CONGRATS!!! :drinker:

Most bars use regular soda in mixed drinks--not the 0 calorie diet soda or tonic water you'd probably use at home. If it's a very nice bar, they may even add a handmade sugar syrup. Very tasty, but like drinking liquid sugar!

If you're eating a reasonable amount of food but that food is made in an industrial kitchen and loaded with sugar or salt, you can see a weight gain like this. Considering that you were on vacation and out of your normal eating and exercise routine, combined with the acute stress of getting married... don't worry about it. You're home now and have complete control over what goes into your food. Get back to your nutrition and exercise plan and stick with it. Try getting the hubby in on it with you!
  • melisay
    melisay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You guys are just wonderful. I have been drinking my lemon water and I lost 2.5 pounds already within 3 days.

Thank you for the amazing support

x0x0x