Your favorite excercise videos

Options
Hi everybody! I'm new here, just joined the site this week. I'm a full time student/employee, so right now I don't have the opportunity to join a gym, but would like to purchase/rent some exercise videos. Any recommendations for someone who would probably be categorized as a beginner? (It’s been a little while, eek!) What are your favorite exercise videos? Any help is highly appreciated, Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm new here, just joined the site this week. I'm a full time student/employee, so right now I don't have the opportunity to join a gym, but would like to purchase/rent some exercise videos. Any recommendations for someone who would probably be categorized as a beginner? (It’s been a little while, eek!) What are your favorite exercise videos? Any help is highly appreciated, Thanks! :smile:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh:tongue: but I love Richard Simmons, he can be a bit over the top but I love being able to laugh at myself while sweating to the oldies haha! I also like slim in 6, I have a couple of Jenny Craig videos that aren't too bad. I heard good things about Carmen Electra's strip tease so I bought it, I'm not crazy about that one though it's not very active in my opinion, lots of standing around. I also picked up a Paula Abdul dance aerobics that's kinda fun (I'm a geek can't help it) I'm going to check the library this weekend to see waht they have to offer- we'll see. Good luck on finding some goodies!
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any exercise videos in a long time, but back in the day I used to realy like the tae bo ones. I had a mean round-house kick that would've made Chuck Norris proud! :wink:

I think it also depends on how coordinated you are. If you are, then you can get some of the more complicated ones! :)

I know there's a lot out there that is new though, so I may not be the best judge!
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! Yes, there are A LOT of different kinds of videos, I got a little boggled just looking at everything! Thanks again!
  • Cherylann402
    Options
    I have a few favorites.

* "Walk Away the Pounds Express" with Leslie Sansone
    * "The Biggest Loser" (I have the one featuring Bob Harper and the contestants from seasons 1 &2. It has 4 different workouts: Low-Intensity Cardio; High-Intensity Cardio.; Strength & Sculpt; and Boot Camp. I usually do the Strength & Sculpt routine.
    * "Simply Pilates" with Jennifer Pohlman
    * "Yoga Booty Ballet" With Teahe McDonna & Gillian Marlaw (I think that's how you spell their names)

Anyway....These are my favorites.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Anything Bellydance!
  • cegeland
    cegeland Posts: 25
    Options
    I really like the Tae-Bo videos and my favourites so far are:

Tae-Bo Amped - Core Express
    Tae-Bo - Get Celebrity Fit-Cardio

The Tae-Bo Amped is a great set. It comes with the amplifier and 5 workouts I got mine from Costco for like 25 bucks which is cheaper than ordering it from the Billy Blanks website.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm with Peej-
    :laugh: Dont laugh, but I too love Richard Simmons. His wild/crazy and fun ways help me to remember to have fun with all this madness and to laugh.
    Plus I like the fact that there are larger people on his videos
    :laugh:
  • twink3110
    twink3110 Posts: 51
    Options
    I get down with Richard Simmons too. Its good to go to second hand stores and look for exercise tapes or you can go to the library and rent them for a week and see which ones you like. Richard is fun and uplifting and a good motivator. Good Luck!!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I love a series called THE FIRM. They were out years ago on VHS and are updated on DVD. Try the library or second hand stores or yard sales first because people practically give these old tapes away. When making a purchase, try to see if they have any equipment you need or you'll be disappointed. I bought one tape that needs the higher steps made for the program and I can't find them even on the website, so I use my regular step for now and I keep searching.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam, Tae Bo & Windsor Pilates

~Joanna:flowerforyou: